Triton Core 7 via dosing pump question

Kyle Rinker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have set up an IM Nuvo Mini 40 in my office (see below) and it has been running for about 8 weeks now. It will eventually be an SPS dominant tank so I have been looking at various methods of nutrient control/supplementation. I love the idea of the Triton method and have been looking at the Core 7 elements. The problem is I only have one Dos to dose the elements and would like to know if there is a way to combine the elements (1, 2, 3a, 3b) in a way to use just 2 pumps (one Dos). For example, 1 and 3a in 1 container, 2 and 3b in another. Is there any other similar method out there for dosing trace elements whereby I could place them in a 2 part solution safely/without precipitation or decreased efficacy of the dosing? I don't want to buy another Dos if I don't have too--I've already spent a small fortune on my current setup and I know my better half won't let me get another Dos right now :) Thanks for your advice.
office tank.jpg

OP
OP
Kyle Rinker

Kyle Rinker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Randy. That is what I assumed. But, in an effort to make a larger profit, I thought maybe the Triton folks sold 4 bottles instead of 2 lol :) For what it's worth, I did confirm that bottles 3a and 3b are able to be combined, which brings the total number of needed dosers down to 3.

d2mini

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From what I remember, they do say they CAN be mixed, but didn't recommend it if you can dose separately.
I don't recall the exact reason.
Get another doser.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 36 30.8%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 2.6%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 32 27.4%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 41 35.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.3%
Back