Triton lab test results

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Kenpro

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Tim@Triton

Got my first test results

Had over 300 in aluminium and just over 200 in kalium, new redsea reefer tank, ecotech vectra s1 and 2 vortech mp10 qd and a bubbleking mini. Everything new, tank and equipment cleaned with rodi water before start. Use Triton Pure 2.0 salt and a new spectrapure masxcap osmosis, well rinsed before use for a couple of hours. I have chaeto and caulerpa proxifolia in the sump along with a brightwell biobrick. A small yellow tang and a yellow wrasse is in and feed with vitalis pellets and ocean nutrian formula one and two frozen food. I have used al99 for a week or two but not any longer. Is the kalium amount low because of algae growth or is salt or test wrong? No corals in the system yet

OP
OP
K

Kenpro

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Tim@Triton

Sent in a test on Pure 2.0 salt mix and kalium is 270. Litium is around 380, is this crucial? Think its from the Pure salt unfortantly. If not what can i do in my water pipelines to get rid of it?

OP
OP
K

Kenpro

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
19.03.2018 184 431 Maybe a bit too low salinity and i will slowly raise this.

All my test so far indicated that something was wrong with calcium and potassium so i sent a water test with water made of a 2 month old spectrapure maxcap rodi both tds showing 0. Mixed 50 liters for 24 hours before sending it to the lab.

fishnugget1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tim,
I just got my results back. It stated that I had very low calcium which is incorrect. It said 274. My calcium is always at 425-440. I use a salifert test kit. Upon getting these results and knowing this was wrong., I purchased a new salifert test kit. It again showed my calcium at 430.

There is something wrong with this test.

How can I trust any of this data to be right and make the necessary changes if the one thing that i dose daily with an apex doser is wrong. My tank is covered with coraline algae.That can't happen at 274.

I am really upset.

Please contact me. I don't want to make any changes to my tank based on the results I got when I know this one item is wrong.

I await your response.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 95 88.0%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.8%
Back