Triton lab test results

Discussion in 'Triton Applied Reef Bioscience' started by Kenpro, Feb 8, 2018.

1. Kenpro

Kenpro Member

@Tim@Triton

Got my first test results

Had over 300 in aluminium and just over 200 in kalium, new redsea reefer tank, ecotech vectra s1 and 2 vortech mp10 qd and a bubbleking mini. Everything new, tank and equipment cleaned with rodi water before start. Use Triton Pure 2.0 salt and a new spectrapure masxcap osmosis, well rinsed before use for a couple of hours. I have chaeto and caulerpa proxifolia in the sump along with a brightwell biobrick. A small yellow tang and a yellow wrasse is in and feed with vitalis pellets and ocean nutrian formula one and two frozen food. I have used al99 for a week or two but not any longer. Is the kalium amount low because of algae growth or is salt or test wrong? No corals in the system yet

Tags:

2. Kenpro

Kenpro Member

@Tim@Triton

Sent in a test on Pure 2.0 salt mix and kalium is 270. Litium is around 380, is this crucial? Think its from the Pure salt unfortantly. If not what can i do in my water pipelines to get rid of it?

3. Tim@Triton

Tim@Triton Well-Known Member R2R Supporter Platinum Sponsor

Can you let me know your ID number so I can take a look at the whole results?

4. Kenpro

Kenpro Member

19.03.2018 184 431 Maybe a bit too low salinity and i will slowly raise this.

All my test so far indicated that something was wrong with calcium and potassium so i sent a water test with water made of a 2 month old spectrapure maxcap rodi both tds showing 0. Mixed 50 liters for 24 hours before sending it to the lab.

Draft saved Draft deleted