Triton method

Fastf1-chuck

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m running a 240g tank and was looking for an average cost per month to run this system once everything is set up so chemical/water testing cost.
All I can find is how to do it not what it cost to do it

EmdeReef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s gonna depend a lot based on what corals you keep, how many and how fast they grow etc. I briefly considered it and believe dosing is alkalinity driven, so you could take your alk consumption now and calculate how much triton you’d have to dose. As for testing, probably 4-5x a year is enough. I know a few people who do it monthly but that’s pretty hardcore.

This thread may help

https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/very-simple-basic-cost-comparison-vs-water-changes-dosing.324882/

OP
OP
Fastf1-chuck

Fastf1-chuck

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s gonna depend a lot based on what corals you keep, how many and how fast they grow etc. I briefly considered it and believe dosing is alkalinity driven, so you could take your alk consumption now and calculate how much triton you’d have to dose. As for testing, probably 4-5x a year is enough. I know a few people who do it monthly but that’s pretty hardcore.

This thread may help

https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/very-simple-basic-cost-comparison-vs-water-changes-dosing.324882/
Thanks that helped alot

FishOfHex

Reefer & 3D Printer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would wait until the stocking situation with BRS is taken care of before you jump into anything triton. Sadly my 30 gal triton test build will be going on two part within the next week.

Daltrey

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There has been a shortage in the U.S. for several months. I just started running triton and I am hoping that they can get caught up soon. The vendor isn’t much help either because they have been saying we will get another shipment in the U.S. for the past two months.

inktomi

ReefMan
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree regarding waiting on stock issues to be resolved before jumping into the triton method. Right now it's very hard to get things when and if you need them. I'll join you in a few months, once it's resolved! I've really liked the triton tests themselves - the next logical step is to do the dosing as recommended!

Triggreef

Zoa Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven't had issues getting the supplements but I usually but several months worth at a time. My tank is about the same size, (200g) but 360g total volume and I use about one set/pack of the Core7 per month. Acro heavy on the top with other sps lps and zoas and shrooms scattered around. also a 40g frag tank plumbed in.

Triggreef

Zoa Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On second thought not a great way to compare. My alk consumption I would guess is about .6 to .9 dkh per day. Somewhere around there. Just a guess though.

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 79 44.9%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 81 46.0%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 16 9.1%
Back