Triton Organics

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

ChadmRoman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All, Is there anywhere I can find documentation on what Triton Organics do to help balance out the system? My latest ICP and Ndoc tests suggest to add P Beta, but what does this mean to me? Looking for documentation on what exactly these organics do so I can better understand what's out of balance.

OP
OP
ChadmRoman

ChadmRoman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ndoc
We have detected a lack of Nitrogen.

Please use the relevant product that best suits your individual case, please check the Help tab for more information.

In order to produce the natural value, dose the TRITON product stated in the instructions according to our dosage recommendation.
We recommend the corrective dosage of 0.69 ml for 1 day. This dosing recommendation refers to a TNb setpoint of 0.4 mg/l for your selected habitat.
We recommend a daily maintenance dose of 0.07ml. If this dose is very low, then this can be alternatively be dosed weekly (daily dose x7).

ICP
The analysis has found a low phosphorus / phosphate level in the aquarium.
In case of problems we recommend to remove/reduce the phosphate absorber from the system and to increase feeding.

For problems with Cyanobacteria, the product that best suits your system is:

TRITON Organic Supplements P Beta

For a fish tank without algae/Cyanobacteria problems the product that is best suited is:

TRITON Organic Supplements P Alpha

Please contact us for further support on [email protected]
We recommend the corrective dosage of 0.01 ml for 1 day. This dosing recommendation refers to a P setpoint of 6 µg/l and a PO4 of 0.018 mg/l for your selected habitat.

Righteous

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
P Alpha/Beta are used to raise Phospate levels.

it’s possible the ICP is reading a little low for your PO4. Personally I wouldn’t dose (also why the dosage recommendation is so tiny) unless your seeing PO4 constantly low on future tests (feeding more can also work to bring it up as well)

Nitrogen is also low. So dosing NH alpha or NO beta can help. Others take to dosing nitrate in other various forms. NH Alpha is more like dosing ammonia, NO Beta more like dosing nitrate.

OP
OP
ChadmRoman

ChadmRoman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
P Alpha/Beta are used to raise Phospate levels.

it’s possible the ICP is reading a little low for your PO4. Personally I wouldn’t dose (also why the dosage recommendation is so tiny) unless your seeing PO4 constantly low on future tests (feeding more can also work to bring it up as well)

Nitrogen is also low. So dosing NH alpha or NO beta can help. Others take to dosing nitrate in other various forms. NH Alpha is more like dosing ammonia, NO Beta more like dosing nitrate.

Thank you for this, and explains why I asked for documentation. Using the logic alpha/beta, I was thinking beta meant to lower not raise PO4. Instead I'm taking GFO offline and will monitor levels for now.

Been fighting raising Nitrogen since starting this tank, my fuge rips out nitrates. Had a cyano outbreak over the summer. Used Cya-no, nitrates got to 35ppm. In the two weeks following dosing, the tank was back down to under 2ppm.

ReefPig

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for this, and explains why I asked for documentation. Using the logic alpha/beta, I was thinking beta meant to lower not raise PO4. Instead I'm taking GFO offline and will monitor levels for now.

Been fighting raising Nitrogen since starting this tank, my fuge rips out nitrates. Had a cyano outbreak over the summer. Used Cya-no, nitrates got to 35ppm. In the two weeks following dosing, the tank was back down to under 2ppm.

I really hate GFO and other phosphate media, I could never get quite the right amount, I’d often bottom out, or it wouldn’t be enough.

So I took a strange approach, which seems to be working well.

I now run my algae reactor for about 11 hours at night, but I dose nitrates via my RO/DI. This maintains my NO3 at 10ppm.
11hours of reactor time, gives me the space to comfortably feed three cubes of frozen to maintain 0.02-0.04 PO4.

So I feed heavily, and I can flex up or down depending on how I feel things are going.
Has the added benefit of elevated PH.

Downside is having to harvest my chaeto once a week.

Long story short, DIY sodium nitrate mixed up, then add to your RO container, once you figure out a dosage. Do it manually whilst you’re figuring it out.

OP
OP
ChadmRoman

ChadmRoman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I'm not a fan of that media as well. Currently over the last two weeks:
1. took Phosphate media offline complete
2. Increased Feeding to increase phosphates
3. started dosing triton nitrogen 1ml per week

PO4 doing what it should over the last two weeks going from .02 to .05. N still very much undetectable at .02 using Hanna checkers. Now I'm seeing a bit more GHA and potentially what looks like cyano coming back. I really need to figure out how to get N higher, and def like your idea adding it to the ATO reservoir. My Fuge just rips out N and I'm pruning weekly.

Going to start looking on R2R for what everyone's using to dose N, what do you use?

ReefPig

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I'm not a fan of that media as well. Currently over the last two weeks:
1. took Phosphate media offline complete
2. Increased Feeding to increase phosphates
3. started dosing triton nitrogen 1ml per week

PO4 doing what it should over the last two weeks going from .02 to .05. N still very much undetectable at .02 using Hanna checkers. Now I'm seeing a bit more GHA and potentially what looks like cyano coming back. I really need to figure out how to get N higher, and def like your idea adding it to the ATO reservoir. My Fuge just rips out N and I'm pruning weekly.

Going to start looking on R2R for what everyone's using to dose N, what do you use?

Sodium Nitrate, as a raw chemical in powder form.

I dilute with RO and have in a 2L container, I'll see if I can find the ratio, had it written down somewhere.

I then add the liquid to my RO, of which I currently add 10ml per week.

Not had any unforeseen side effects in 3 months, maybe a tiny amount extra of algae in the tank, but nothing major.
I added an urchin and now my tank is spotless.

If you don't fancy mixing your own, you can buy pre-diluted, Brightwells NeoNitro for example.

OP
OP
ChadmRoman

ChadmRoman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dilute with RO and have in a 2L container, I'll see if I can find the ratio, had it written down somewhere.

If you don't fancy mixing your own, you can buy pre-diluted, Brightwells NeoNitro for example.
thank you for this information, let me know if you find the ratio. I know mine may be different, but it's a good starting point. I read about NeoNitro, which is an option. Just need to figure out what's best. Appreciate the response.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 39 34.2%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 23 20.2%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.9%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 27.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.5%
Back