Triton Results

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Blue Carbon Reefing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone, just got my first Triton test back and wanted to share and get some feedback from the experts. There are a lot of elements that I am low on. My Lithium was high but from researching it appears a lot of brands of salts may be high in Lithium. Anything that I should be worried about there? I also see no signs of Iodine and Iron. I have also read that some of these tests are tough to give accurate numbers in that category. just wanted to get some feed back and see what is most important to address first.

1250 Gallon total system volume (400 Gallon Main Display), I have a 150 Gallon Refugium set up with Chaeto, Dragons Breath, and Grape Caulerpa. I use BRS 2 Part Dosing for Alk, CA, and MG and I manually dose FE and Iodine randomly. Wondering if I should up what I am adding every week based on the tests.

Thank you for the help!

Attachments

• Triton Test.pdf
    119.2 KB · Views: 134

Jason mack

Monti madness
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your test results look pretty good too me , i would just follow tritons action and dosing advice .. but theres definatly nothing too worry about .. i bet Your tank is happy !!

OP
OP
Blue Carbon Reefing

Blue Carbon Reefing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank is doing ok. Nitrates are over 40 PPM and my phosphates are low so in my opinion out of balance. I have Algae all over the display tank and have cut my lights back in the DT to 4 hours a day and turn off all of the white spectrum. It appears I have eliminated my Dino issue for now as my nitrates went up. Most corals look great but I have lost a couple of Acros, a Blue Tort and a rtn of a Red Planet Acro. My refugium is growing hair algae most of the other macro algae is doing ok but not thriving. For some reason my Zoanthids have no color and are closed up. I am not sure what is causing that other than the high nitrates.

Jason mack

Monti madness
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you tried vibrant at all ? IT might be worth checking out Their thread here on R2R ! I have used it too battle gha and bubble algea .

OP
OP
Blue Carbon Reefing

Blue Carbon Reefing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have used Vibrant before and still have an almost full bottle left. Last time I dosed it also disintegrated my Chaeto into nothing. Since I setup the 150 Gallon Refugium with 3 different Macro Algaes I am hoping that will take a foothold and out compete the main display. This is another reason I turned down my lighting schedule on my display tank for a little while. Once I get enough macro algae in the refugium it should be able to handle the excess nutrients better.

Last edited:

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 7.5%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.8%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.7%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 84 79.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.7%
Back