Triton44 sump, yay? Nay? Other suggestions?

leroy_jenkinz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so i got a 180g tank, will be going with ghost overflow with one a pump dual return setup. Just curious on those with the trigger sumps if they like them? Pros/ cons/ any comments. Maybe there’s other sumps those with larger tanks would recommend.

theMeat

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would almost always recommend making your own sump. So you you can customize the size, depth for skimmer, other needs, etc.

With that said, a triton sump is designed for the triton method. Meaning refugium before the skimmer. If not going triton method, IMO, it’s better to have skimmer first so it has first chance at dirtiest water, and so pods don’t have to survive passing the skimmer to make it to the display tank

OP
OP
leroy_jenkinz

leroy_jenkinz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would almost always recommend making your own sump. So you you can customize the size, depth for skimmer, other needs, etc.

With that said, a triton sump is designed for the triton method. Meaning refugium before the skimmer. If not going triton method, IMO, it’s better to have skimmer first so it has first chance at dirtiest water, and so pods don’t have to survive passing the skimmer to make it to the display tank
I do plan on eventually switching to the triton method, I already run a fuge on my 90 but I do my bi weekly water changes. I trust myself enough to build a stand just not enough to build my own sump.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 32 26.2%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 40 32.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 37 30.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 9 7.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.3%
Back