Trochus snail just ate my Green bubble algae

BigMikeFlipz

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 7, 2022
Messages
215
Reaction score
183
Location
Franklin
What state or country do you live in
Tennessee
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, I've done some googling about what eats green bubble algae and looking on here and seems like most say to get a green emerald crab. I have had a couple in the last year that lived 3 months to 3 days. So I had just stopped worrying about the green bubble algae it since I literally only have 2 small spots with 5-6 bubbles for the last 4-5 months. However, I just watched one of my trochus snails go over one of the patches and he literally wiped it out over about 2 hours. So, did he eat it, or did he pop them all and now they will spread LOL. Just curious because not finding a lot of info about Trochus eating green bubble algae specifically. The area he went over is wiped super clean...
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 10 45.5%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new