Trochus Snails

nfazio

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 12, 2021
Messages
30
Reaction score
12
Location
Morris County
What state or country do you live in
New Jersey
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Added a dozen a few weeks ago to main DT. Yesterday, I added a few more to sump to help with micro algae in new Refugium.

Captured this video earlier today....

Should I be playing some Marvin Gaye?
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0106.MOV
    50.1 MB
Looks like spawning time and not surprising with trochus and nassarius snails
 
Trochus breed like crazy. I would be nervous to put in my sump and getting them in my return pump. How big is your tank?
 
Trochus breed like crazy. I would be nervous to put in my sump and getting them in my return pump. How big is your tank?
Good point, I need to keep an eye on this. Might add foam cover to intake.

DT - 94Gal
Sump - Trigger 30
 
When mine gets a little worse I was thinking of sticking a few turbo snails in it. I don’t think they repopulate so much. I’m not worried about the big one but the babies could wreak havoc
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new