Trochus snails

Ocean’s Piece

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 1 mature trochus snail in my tank and 4 other snails that were sold to me as small trochus snails. Will these small trochus snails eventually grow to look like my mature trochus snails and if so, how long will it take?
Small trochus snail
94B694BB-5FFD-4D79-A683-350DBCE8EC21.jpeg

Mature trochus snail:
image.jpg

pardon one of my small trochus snails taking a piggy back ride on my larger one.

OP
OP
Ocean’s Piece

Ocean’s Piece

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
5-6 months or so to reach the diameter of a penny.
Had them for about 3 months but haven’t seen a whole lot of growth. Maybe one of those thing should where when you’re surrounded by something a lot, you can’t tell the differences in something as someone else who isn’t surrounded by it a lot kinda things.

jgirardnrg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had them for about 3 months but haven’t seen a whole lot of growth. Maybe one of those thing should where when you’re surrounded by something a lot, you can’t tell the differences in something as someone else who isn’t surrounded by it a lot kinda things.
Mine breed like crazy and I've sold or traded over 700 snails at this point. My original adults are around half dollar size. I have others in there ranging from 1/4" to quarter size. They grow quickly to 1/4" size then seem to stall for a bit then take off in size again.

OP
OP
Ocean’s Piece

Ocean’s Piece

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine breed like crazy and I've sold or traded over 700 snails at this point. My original adults are around half dollar size. I have others in there ranging from 1/4" to quarter size. They grow quickly to 1/4" size then seem to stall for a bit then take off in size again.
Wow that’s crazy. I hope I can do the same thing. How long have you been doing that for?
one of the best CUC
They’re the best in my tank right now.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 7 23.3%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 24 80.0%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 23.3%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • Other

Votes: 2 6.7%
Back