Trocus Snail in sand flipped over

I don't think that's a trochus. they are conical. You might have a Margarita there which can't right themselves. left Turbo right Margarita. That's my guess.
 
I don't think that's a trochus. they are conical. You might have a Margarita there which can't right themselves. left Turbo right Margarita. That's my guess.
Well the one on the left is the one I'm having trouble with
 
Trocus snails can flip themselves over easily so you got some other snail. I use my long turkey baster to flip a snail upright if I need to on the sand but most of the time I just let nature run its course.

Also, I'm out of beer so I'm declaring an emergency also here.
 
Trocus snails can flip themselves over easily so you got some other snail. I use my long turkey baster to flip a snail upright if I need to on the sand but most of the time I just let nature run its course.

Also, I'm out of beer so I'm declaring an emergency also here.
I just don't want my snail to die :/ That's why I made it emergency, now I get that it's not worthy of it
 
I just don't want my snail to die :/ That's why I made it emergency, now I get that it's not worthy of it
Nothing wrong with helping your inverts. I mention the long turkey baster because it keeps me from having to put hand in the tank to flip them over.
 
Nothing wrong with helping your inverts. I mention the long turkey baster because it keeps me from having to put hand in the tank to flip them over.
Will do, thanks!!
 
My trochus sometimes can't flip themselves in sand like mentioned above. Not much you can do either way.
 
1737652332139.jpeg


If you have snails (and for many other reasons of convenience), you should get some cheap Amazon tongs.
 
Shoot, i'm trying not to put my hands in the tank too much, but next time I have to I'll get a better picture
get some sort of a grabber tool. very useful for things like this... picking up falling corals/snails : )
 

Attachments

  • IMG_8219.jpeg
    IMG_8219.jpeg
    73.3 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_8220.jpeg
    IMG_8220.jpeg
    129.9 KB · Views: 46
I don't think that's a trochus. they are conical. You might have a Margarita there which can't right themselves. left Turbo right Margarita. That's my guess.
Any better? Do you still think it's a margarita snail?
 

Attachments

  • IMG_8219.jpeg
    IMG_8219.jpeg
    73.3 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_8220.jpeg
    IMG_8220.jpeg
    129.9 KB · Views: 37

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new