Tropic Marin All For Reef Powder

Hurricane Aquatics

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Hey all,

I'm new to Tropic Marin All for Reef. I purchased the largest container of powder and I just mix 1 liter at a time for now.

My question is: Once mixed with RO/DI water, how long does that mixture stay good for or does it expire?

I'm assuming there is no need for refrigeration or anything like that as I'll be using the Neptune DOS system and Neptune dosing containers as well?

Dose in the morning before lights on or at night after lights off? Does it matter?

Thanks everyone.

Dav2996

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used the stuff when I first started reefing. I prefer kalkwasser. When I used all for reef if calcium was off and alkalinity was good dosing more wouldn’t fix it. It’s a good product and kept me going great the first year.

I would personally dose it all day to keep swings bare minimum. I use Kamoer dosers and they dose 12 times a day and keeps my tank really stable and the app super easy to adjust and use.

it shouldn’t go bad after using 1000ml. Now kalkwasser looses PH buffer ability because it mixes with Co2 if it sits open too long. This would not affect all for reef. Now you may see weird colors from the trace elements haha from fresh air too long. I had that expirences with the liquid version of the product not powder. Kalkwasser boosts PH which boosts growth naturally in corals by reducing Co2. Also can make 80 gallons of kalkwasser for 20$. Saves me a lot of money.

Reef_Curiosity

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all,

I'm new to Tropic Marin All for Reef. I purchased the largest container of powder and I just mix 1 liter at a time for now.

My question is: Once mixed with RO/DI water, how long does that mixture stay good for or does it expire?

I'm assuming there is no need for refrigeration or anything like that as I'll be using the Neptune DOS system and Neptune dosing containers as well?

Dose in the morning before lights on or at night after lights off? Does it matter?

Thanks everyone.
Hi,

If you have mixed it to the full concentration, which you do if you follow the directions, it will not expire. Just keep a lid on it for evaporation.

No need for refrigeration.

Time of day does not really matter. Until you exceed recommended dosage, just dose whenever is the easiest for you. One singular dose a day is perfectly fine.
When you reach large dosing amounts, dosing just before the lights turn on is beneficial.

:) Merry Christmas!

jgalina

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone, I'm about to start dosing All-For-Reef in my Fluval EVO, it suggests 2.5 ml daily to begin with. I will use a Kamoer X1 PRO 2. My question is, when you mix the powder, does it have to be completely transparent for it to be ready or once it clears but with a whitish cloud is ok?

Reef_Curiosity

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone, I'm about to start dosing All-For-Reef in my Fluval EVO, it suggests 2.5 ml daily to begin with. I will use a Kamoer X1 PRO 2. My question is, when you mix the powder, does it have to be completely transparent for it to be ready or once it clears but with a whitish cloud is ok?
whitish is fine :)

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 161 61.7%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 69 26.4%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 90 34.5%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 44 16.9%
  • Other

Votes: 69 26.4%
Back