Tropic Marin All-for-Reef

izzyishh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good afternoon fellow Reefers! Who of you use all for reef and if you can share your tank specs and how much you dose a day and your daily Alk consumption!

Quietman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do. RSR170 lightly stocked (mixed, primarily LPS) at the moment. My daily is about 5 ml to maintain 8.5 dKH. Love the simplicity and all in one dosing. So far I don't see a need to move to 2 part/3 part. Perhaps down the road but the more I use it and like it, the more I'm happy with the cost even if it goes higher.

OP
OP
izzyishh

izzyishh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do. RSR170 lightly stocked (mixed, primarily LPS) at the moment. My daily is about 5 ml to maintain 8.5 dKH. Love the simplicity and all in one dosing. So far I don't see a need to move to 2 part/3 part. Perhaps down the road but the more I use it and like it, the more I'm happy with the cost even if it goes higher.
Nice! I'm trying to see how long I can get away with only dosing all for Reef on my 100g. I'm not worried about the price since I purchased the diy option. Just throws me off that things sill stay "balanced" tank currently sucks up alk. Cal not so much

Quietman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Ca stays really high, but that's mostly the HW Marine salt I suspect since it's been there from day one. Plus currently battling a pretty major GHA/Cyano mess so corals aren't really growing at the moment (that's not the All For Reef - before this my SPS were doing very nicely growth wise).

OP
OP
izzyishh

izzyishh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Ca stays really high, but that's mostly the HW Marine salt I suspect since it's been there from day one. Plus currently battling a pretty major GHA/Cyano mess so corals aren't really growing at the moment (that's not the All For Reef - before this my SPS were doing very nicely growth wise).
I use Fritz blue salt and love it hopefully the AFR plays well with it

jack_aubry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dose carbocalcium (same stuff just without the trace elements and mg). I dose 12ml (at 3x4ml) a day IM 40 mixed reef. The best part is that you can dose in a low flow area

OP
OP
izzyishh

izzyishh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dose carbocalcium (same stuff just without the trace elements and mg). I dose 12ml (at 3x4ml) a day IM 40 mixed reef. The best part is that you can dose in a low flow area
whats your ALK and Cal? and 24hr consumption ?

Sunny Goold

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dose Kalkwasser and use A4R when my Alk is lower.
I also wrote to FM and Lou and Dr Balling were kind enough to answer a few questions. Like confirmation it does release Alk slowly and also that you could mix Kalk with CarboCalcium plus the K+ and A- (I think it is) trace - this is what they say to use not the Sodium free salt. Then (as I understand) you would only need to dose Mg occasionally.
Anyhow like most of you commenting here I still have low consumption so I am using Kalkwasser and plan on mixing in the Carbo Calc and the trace when I need more.
I feel like even with high consumption with the powder mixes into the ATO or a single dosing pump is a super cost effective option.
(I have heard a rumor though that it clogs up dosers more than Kalk - but that was only once so I'd be interested to hear but I expect in the ATO, diluted with RO, it wouldn't be an issue).

OP
OP
izzyishh

izzyishh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dose Kalkwasser and use A4R when my Alk is lower.
I also wrote to FM and Lou and Dr Balling were kind enough to answer a few questions. Like confirmation it does release Alk slowly and also that you could mix Kalk with CarboCalcium plus the K+ and A- (I think it is) trace - this is what they say to use not the Sodium free salt. Then (as I understand) you would only need to dose Mg occasionally.
Anyhow like most of you commenting here I still have low consumption so I am using Kalkwasser and plan on mixing in the Carbo Calc and the trace when I need more.
I feel like even with high consumption with the powder mixes into the ATO or a single dosing pump is a super cost effective option.
(I have heard a rumor though that it clogs up dosers more than Kalk - but that was only once so I'd be interested to hear but I expect in the ATO, diluted with RO, it wouldn't be an issue).
Awesome! Thank you for the information! Last night I set up my Versa Pump and began to dose the A4R. I have always used the ESV 2 part and love it but due to time and schedule issues I need to simply my life in the hobby. So I hope this can keep up with my tank Ill keep people updated if intrested on the post.

Filipabp

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I keep a 33 gallon mixed reef that has been running for 18 months. I love All-for-reef, it makes everything so much easier imo.. I dose 18 ml per day
IMG_20200312_194551_482.jpg

Last edited:

jack_aubry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
whats your ALK and Cal? and 24hr consumption ?
I run red sea blue bucket salt and just maintain at those levels (8 alk and 420 ppm ca) I did the math once to see how much alk and ca is in a single ml you can figure it out from the tropic marin website, but I just started with the lowest amount suggested and increased by 2 ml per day every week until levels were higher at the end of the week.

EastCoastScaping

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used it in my nano reef. A im nuvo 10, 8gallons of water and i dosed 1.4ml daily. About 1dkh was consumed daily by the lps and sps in my tank. I never checked magnesium or calcium, just alk. I didnt do waterchanges for 3 months, just dosing all for reef and everything was growing really fast and looked really healthy.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 54 40.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 20.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 35.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back