Tropic Marin Pro Reef, bye bye

Drendo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m tired of the stress of not being able to get this salt and am ready to change brands. Looking for recommendations from those who have had success changing. What did you change to and how was the transition?

KStatefan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Crazy what a marketing video can do

Not sure if it is a demand or a supply issue though

Lou Ekus from Tropic Marin has said the supply has been there but the demand has gone way up, but BRS posted on facebook yesterday that is was a bottleneck in supply.

Last edited:

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Retailers seldom admit issues. It creates trust issues. I went from IO to coral pro. I just did small water changes at first. I'll never switch from it now.

Sleeping Giant

Proud Canadian Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I switched to IO Reef Crystals, slow change of 3 water changes over 3 weeks . Everything is doing great, possibly better to be honest.

I doubt I will ever go back to TMP, to costly and honestly I saw less coral growth with it.

Uncle99

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I switched to IO Reef Crystals, slow change of 3 water changes over 3 weeks . Everything is doing great, possibly better to be honest.

I doubt I will ever go back to TMP, to costly and honestly I saw less coral growth with it.
Same here.
Found a bucket of TMP, $179.00.
Not a chance I’d buy that.
Salt is salt, but reefers, all different.

Reef.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BRS has been pushing this salt quite hard recently, and it was already very popular, I would hang in there, they should have stock soon.

desagon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Last edited:

landlubber

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't doubt the quality of Tropic Marin but it feels like the same issue as i saw with Triton. Despite really hoping to give the method a try i'm not about to cause needless instability due to not being able to get the product.

OP
OP
D

Drendo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Lou Ekus from Tropic Marin has said the supply has been there but the demand has gone way up, but BRS posted on facebook yesterday that is was a bottleneck in supply.
I called BRS to see if they had a secret stash. No such luck. I was told that the delay was because of the new packaging on the smaller quantity boxes. I said “you mean the same packaging that they have been using for a year”? I would have gone with pandemic or weather. Lol

The truth is that they have had a year to get their act together. No problem finding it in Canada and the EU. They haven’t figured out a way to serve their best market and in my opinion that’s on management.

OP
OP
D

Drendo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I think it’s a distribution issue.

OP
OP
D

Drendo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Interesting, less cost and better growth? I’m in!

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 69 37.5%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 62 33.7%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.6%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 15.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back