Tropic Marin Pro Substitutes

iGotJokess

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Apologize if this has already been discussed, but with the recent shipping delays on Tropic Marin Pro what is everyone switching to? Obviously would like to keep parameters as close as possible with the cleanliness of how it mixes.

Hydrored

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will probably end up going with B-ionic, I’m in the same boat of having to switch after 2 years of no other salt being used.

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Coral Pro. No complaints

guylaga

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I decided to switch to Fritz Blue box. It's closer to my target parameters anyway of 9dkh
How are you liking Fritz?

I have heard some really negative things about that salt (tank crashes due to contaminates / lots of sediment after mixing)

rtparty

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
ESV is what you want. Anything else is dirty compared to TM and ESV.

HW is also pretty clean but there were some recent batches where the magnesium was clumped solid when people got them.

Cheeze

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm in the same bucket (get it, bucket?) and was going to post a very similar question. Looking at options, I was leaning towards Red Sea Coral Pro but may compare that now to ESV.

And will store up on Tropic Marin once it's back in stock!

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ebay is the cheapest coral pro I've found. Way better than websites

Hydrored

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I have heard some really negative things about that salt (tank crashes due to contaminates / lots of sediment after mixing)

Fritz could give me a lifetime supply for free and I would still pay for another salt brand.

Hydrored

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was just going to order ESV and realized it's 9 DKH, I will have to drop it to 7-7.2 DKH and you can't just lower the alk additive. This sucks @Lou Ekus

Also, both the LFS here and the distributor hasn't seen anything from Tropic Marin since November

Lou Ekus

Tropic Marin USA
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was just going to order ESV and realized it's 9 DKH, I will have to drop it to 7-7.2 DKH and you can't just lower the alk additive. This sucks @Lou Ekus

Also, both the LFS here and the distributor hasn't seen anything from Tropic Marin since November
I understand your frustration. But there is truly a constant supply coming into the US. It is just selling out faster than it is coming in. We are ramping up our manufacturing capabilities. But that process takes some time. We have total commitment to our quality control during that ramping up process. We are starting to see the fruits of that labor. We are seeing more and more product coming over. Supply should be getting better and better over the next few months. I wouldn't have said that 6 months ago!
As far as not "seeing anything from Tropic Marin since November", that is just not the case. We have brought in a tremendous amount since then. I don't believe that statement!
I'm not making an attempt to "defend" here. Supply has definitely been an issue over the past year. But product HAS been steadily coming in. And I do anticipate things getting a whole lot better in the next few months.

Hydrored

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I understand your frustration. But there is truly a constant supply coming into the US. It is just selling out faster than it is coming in. We are ramping up our manufacturing capabilities. But that process takes some time. We have total commitment to our quality control during that ramping up process. We are starting to see the fruits of that labor. We are seeing more and more product coming over. Supply should be getting better and better over the next few months. I wouldn't have said that 6 months ago!
As far as not "seeing anything from Tropic Marin since November", that is just not the case. We have brought in a tremendous amount since then. I don't believe that statement!
I'm not making an attempt to "defend" here. Supply has definitely been an issue over the past year. But product HAS been steadily coming in. And I do anticipate things getting a whole lot better in the next few months.

Hi Lou,

I'm happy to provide you with the distributor's name via a PM. I love your products and what you do for the community, I'm truly thankful. I appreciate your response.

The funny thing is I just got a call telling me they got some this afternoon. I purchased 9 200 gallon buckets, I hate to buy that kind of volume but I don't plan on running out of salt again anytime soon. I'll pick it up tomorrow, can't wait until I have to hear the wife complain about this one. Either way, I'm happy now and my reef thanks you.

cmozz

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I broke open the box and did my first water change last weekend with it. So far, I don't see any issues. It mixed just fine and I followed the instructions on the box.

Bam327

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just switched to Brightwell NeoMarine. Its a little lower Alk that I'd prefer but I can doctor that up.

@Hydrored you can lower alk with sodium bisulfate. Randy has written on here about that. Would kinda be a pain to have to always do that though.

Cjeippert

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tropic Marin Pro is being hoarded like Toilet Paper one year ago. I am sure once we all get our in stock alerts it will be gone in a few days. I just switched to brightwell most likely cuz The advertising and WWC uses it. Hoping it will work similar to TM Pro. BRS told me the Tropic Marin will come in March

Cjeippert

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tropic Marin Pro is being hoarded like Toilet Paper one year ago. I am sure once we all get our in stock alerts it will be gone in a few days. I just switched to brightwell most likely cuz The advertising and WWC uses it. Hoping it will work similar to TM Pro. BRS told me the Tropic Marin will come in March
I rely on my salt changes weekly to add the trace elements back in

mike550

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Saltwateraquarium.com has some TM Pro in stock. Limited quantity. I'm still going to find a new salt -- seriously considering ESV

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 8 40.0%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 5 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back