Tropic marin vs brs vs ES-V two part?

Been using ESV since before I even heard of BRS. Buy in the bulk size buckets to keep costs low.
61JFn-1p3pL._AC_SL1000_.jpg
 
ESV, I like that it is higher concentration (used BRS 2 part before) and offsets salinity.
 
So I've been dosing aquaforest dry two part and it has gone up in price and I just can't seem to make it worth it. I dose so much and heard these companies are more concentrated. So I wanted to ask what you guys think the best option is or what everyone uses or trusts more etc...
I've used brs two part with success before I lost everything to a jebao dosing pump

Both ESV and TM Balling are somewhat preferred to the straight BRS 2/3 part (which is my DIY).

They both keep ions such as potassium and bromide from depleting due to the salinity changes such methods cause which a simpler two part may not.

Functionally, TM Balling and ESV two part make reasonable product claims that put them nearly identical in functionality.
 
ESV does include trace elements.

It's more complicated than simple yes or no.

Both ESV and TM Balling include trace elements, but neither is a useful trace element supplement. Other methods need to be employed for that.

All those added elements do is prevent a decline when the salinity is readjusted after lengthy dosing, not offsetting any actual demand in the aquarium.
 
It's more complicated than simple yes or no.

Both ESV and TM Balling include trace elements, but neither is a useful trace element supplement. Other methods need to be employed for that.

All those added elements do is prevent a decline when the salinity is readjusted after lengthy dosing, not offsetting any actual demand in the aquarium.
Would I be able to use the TM A and K trace in the containers of esv then?
 
So in addition to TM hybrid balling method which also uses trace elements A and K we should supplement more trace elements separately?
 
Would I be able to use the TM A and K trace in the containers of esv then?

I am not certain of the compatibility within the ESV fluids, sinee it depends on forms of trace elements used.
 
So in addition to TM hybrid balling method which also uses trace elements A and K we should supplement more trace elements separately?


Not sure what you mean by "using trace elements A and K".

What hybrid do you mean?
Using calcium chloride, an alk part (sodium bicarbonate/carbonate/hydroxide) and Balling Part C will not offset any trace element consumption, and other supplements may be beneficial.
 
That’s interesting I always thought that all elements were covered. Any suggestions on dosing procedure in addition to the BRS balling method?

It's a complex question that has no perfect answer. Possibilities range from methods with frequent ICP and individual dosing of many trace elements (Triton and Moonshine methods) to dosing a fixed cocktail (Red Sea, TM, etc) to dosing just one or two selected trace elements (e.g., iron, manganese, silicate, etc).
 
It's a complex question that has no perfect answer. Possibilities range from methods with frequent ICP and individual dosing of many trace elements (Triton and Moonshine methods) to dosing a fixed cocktail (Red Sea, TM, etc) to dosing just one or two selected trace elements (e.g., iron, manganese, silicate, etc).
Thank you Randy. TM has an A and K supplement that we’re supposed to add to the 4 part to help maintain essentials. I guess a triton water test will better help get the correct assessment if it’s working correctly. Will post results.
 
Thank you Randy. TM has an A and K supplement that we’re supposed to add to the 4 part to help maintain essentials. I guess a triton water test will better help get the correct assessment if it’s working correctly. Will post results.

The TM A and K is a fine product, I'm just not sure what exactly it can be mixed with.
 
Last edited:
Randy I normally add it to the alk and calcium additive. I add 130 ml per gallon and add them as my tank requires. I’ve added my last triton test so you can get an idea of how it maintains my levels. Any insight from you is very much appreciated. Thanks again.
 

Attachments

I absolutely love ESV 2-part. It is concentrated. I dose a tiny amount daily in my nano. About 1.5ml if I remember correctly. My consumption dropped significantly after I lost all my sps after my tank move. In AF I want to say that is about 10ml. LOVE IT!
A5AE02AE-3470-42B7-A33B-44C71022DBDE.jpeg
What size drill bit you use to drill the caps for the dosing pumps?
 
What size drill bit you use to drill the caps for the dosing pumps?

I drill lots of bottle caps for dosing pumps (such as phyto bottles, etc). Just pick a bit a little bigger than the tubing you are using. A particularly tight fit is not needed, and an air tight fit is undesirable.
 
What size drill bit you use to drill the caps for the dosing pumps?

I drill lots of bottle caps for dosing pumps (such as phyto bottles, etc). Just pick a bit a little bigger than the tubing you are using. A particularly tight fit is not needed, and an air tight fit is undesirable.
Thank you
 
What size drill bit you use to drill the caps for the dosing pumps?
I honestly don’t remember. If I remember correctly I just held up a drill bit to the end of the hose line to choose a size. Sorry I’m not much more help.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 18.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 47 34.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new