Tropical marine triple buffer

Aterlycan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys. Question i normally used tropic marine Liquid buffer to maintain kh. Its a bit hard to get right, but I have tropic marine triple buffer powder and as I understand I can mix it in ro and dose it through dosing pump.

Dose anyone know how much I would mix in 1 liter of water to get about the same kh amount as liquid buffer?

AEE5D58C-AA1D-4F29-91E9-22851C1E3BB2.png

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, you can mix it with RO and dose (although they recommend adding it directly to the tank). According to the instructions, one level measuring spoon per 20 gallons will increase the carbonate hardness by 1.4° dH.

OP
OP
Aterlycan

Aterlycan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, you can mix it with RO and dose (although they recommend adding it directly to the tank). According to the instructions, one level measuring spoon per 20 gallons will increase the carbonate hardness by 1.4° dH.
Hi

thank you for your replay, i know About the manual dosing but have been using Liquid buffer through dosing pump. But how much triple buffer do you Think i would mix with 1 litre of ro Water to Get somewhat the same kh per ml as Liquid buffer?

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thank you for your replay, i know About the manual dosing but have been using Liquid buffer through dosing pump. But how much triple buffer do you Think i would mix with 1 litre of ro Water to Get somewhat the same kh per ml as Liquid buffer?
Honestly, no idea (it will vary based on your tank size, pH, etc.) Make your best guess and then start with half that amount.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 68 35.6%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.1%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 48 25.1%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 61 31.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.2%
Back