Trouble calibrating conductivity probe

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

lexinverts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, All:

I am trying to calibrate my conductivity probe for the P4, and the only value that it will read is 100 mS. My tank has a specific gravity of 1.025 so this is way off.

I followed all of the steps in the programming guide. I used the standard (50 mS) for calibration value 2 and held the probe in the air for value 1.

Has anyone else had this issue?

Thanks!

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It should be choose the probe, then the solution type, then the temp of the solution then hold the probe in the air, then stick the probe into the solution then choose save on the P4.

The above is the cliff note version.

When you have it in the solution does the P4 read 50?

OP
OP
lexinverts

lexinverts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Ditto, thanks for the suggestions.

Yes, the probe is set to saltwater.

I followed all of the steps per the instructions.
After I calibrate the probe it also shows both 100 mS in the calibration solution and in my tank. It is a static number, however, which makes me think that it is not actually collecting any data from the probe. Maybe it is a bad probe?

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@lexinverts could be.

Can you show me your Salinity probe page: (want to see the Display Setting and the ADC1 and ADC2 Values)

upload_2019-5-20_17-26-18.png

I know this is not the issue but have to ask, it is secure plugged into the BNC connector all the way to the right on the controller labeled Cond?

P4Anschl%C3%BCsse_Connections_E.jpg

OP
OP
lexinverts

lexinverts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve checked the connections about 50 times, lol.
Are these the screen shots that you were referring to?

Edit: I don't see a way to view the ADC values, like I see on your screen shot, either in GHL connect app or in GCC.

Last edited:

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would open up a support ticket there should be a value on the ADC 1 and 2 they should not be reading 0.

When you calibrate the probe did you see the adc value change on the P4 display?

On the last step to save did you hit the left arrow on the display to save the settings by default it not on save.

OP
OP
lexinverts

lexinverts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would open up a support ticket there should be a value on the ADC 1 and 2 they should not be reading 0.

When you calibrate the probe did you see the adc value change on the P4 display?

On the last step to save did you hit the left arrow on the display to save the settings by default it not on save.

Thanks, I already have an open support ticket. I'm just getting impatient with all of the problems that I am having. I appreciate your help very much, thank you.
No, the ADC value did not change on the P4 display.
Yes, I did save the calibration value, although it did not seem really be calibrated.

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, I already have an open support ticket. I'm just getting impatient with all of the problems that I am having. I appreciate your help very much, thank you.
No, the ADC value did not change on the P4 display.
Yes, I did save the calibration value, although it did not seem really be calibrated.

Sorry your having an issues.

Is the salinity the only one your having an issue with? ORP, PH and temp all ok?

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 48 21.1%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 1.8%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 165 72.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 4.8%
Back