Trouble finding Clean Up Crew?

Luckki

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it just me, or does there seem to be a shortage of clean up crew critters right now? I have been to three LFS and looked at several of the large online retailers. No one seems to have stuff in stock.

_cpate3_

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Luckily the LFS near me has more clean up crew than fish in the tanks so I’ve never run into that problem, however I went 2 months without finding a single tiger conch anywhere in person or online so I def can see the issue…

OP
OP
Luckki

Luckki

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The LFS does not want to sell their hermits or their larger snails. I guess they are having issues getting stuff in stock?

Jimbo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve always used ReefCleaners. They’ve been around for years. Never had luck with their free shipping though. I Always pay for 0vernight.

BubblesandSqueak

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was just wondering this too. LFS was out on a lot of stuff. figured I'd go reef cleaners and it seems they have a bunch OOS too. Time of year?

PacificEastAquaculture

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Roadkillstewie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
lotta the various online vendors i looked at seems somewhat sparse on a fair amount... figured holidays and season part of it.,,

...and now that some seem to have more stock, this darn 'acrtic' mess is such it's too risky to order anything for 2 weeks.

OP
OP
Luckki

Luckki

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
lotta the various online vendors i looked at seems somewhat sparse on a fair amount... figured holidays and season part of it.,,

...and now that some seem to have more stock, this darn 'acrtic' mess is such it's too risky to order anything for 2 weeks.
I understand, I am starting to see brown spots all over my tank I an hoping that Wednesday will be warm enough that Reefcleaners will be able to send out the snails I order and the hermits. I just need something to help.

OP
OP
Luckki

Luckki

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Reefcleaners.org got me what I needed and everything survived. You might check them out. if you are looking for some algae eating snails I highly recommend the Virgin Nerites Snails.

Sophie"s mom

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it just me, or does there seem to be a shortage of clean up crew critters right now? I have been to three LFS and looked at several of the large online retailers. No one seems to have stuff in stock.
You will save yourself a lot of money on CUC if you order from Reef Cleaners.com They have quite a bit, and are very reasonable. The ship well. I am getting ready to order more from them.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 23 14.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 14.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 94 57.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 6.7%
Back