Trouble Keeping Clams

HeyLookItsCaps

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't own a par meter and I'm not going to buy one.

As I previously stated, "I have a Radion Gen 3 XR30pro running AB+ at 55% intensity." This light fixture has been thoroughly tested. If you really care what my par numbers are, you can figure it out. The clam was mounted 10" down from the surface.

I can tell you that the par is adequate, because i have had to turn this fixture down until it quit burning my SPS.

There's so many people that are "experts" that can't grow anything larger than a frag. Consistency within acceptable parameters is more important than exact numbers.

This is an older picture, but you get the idea.

IMG_2678.jpg
Could always rent one, only cost me 35 dollars

mitten_reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
While I don't disagree that having data is useful, if you oppose to the idea of ppl giving in to chasing, excuse me providing numbers (any numbers) - just leaving them alone? no need for these bs harassments

there's a whole generation of reefers chasing numbers before they even know how to grow their first corals, and then tell ppl with successful tanks that they're gonna fail because they don't know their numbers, give me a messing break.

I've been reefing since 2011 - I have yet to find a compelling reason to measure my light PAR level. corals growth and coloartion give good enough indication to me.

Data is only knowledge when you really know how to apply it - if you don't, it's just noise and distraction

ArnoldosAquariums

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
While I don't disagree that having data is useful, if you oppose to the idea of ppl giving in to chasing, excuse me providing numbers (any numbers) - just leaving them alone? no need for these bs harassments

there's a whole generation of reefers chasing numbers before they even know how to grow their first corals, and then tell ppl with successful tanks that they're gonna fail because they don't know their numbers, give me a messing break.

I've been reefing since 2011 - I have yet to find a compelling reason to measure my light PAR level. corals growth and coloartion give good enough indication to me.

Data is only knowledge when you really know how to apply it - if you don't, it's just noise and distraction
The photos he posted show weak colored corals... but hey- you do you. Congrats on knowing more than everyone else lol

Kansas Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There's a big difference between being sincere while offering help and being arogant and antagonistic. Nobody is forcing anyone to reply to any posting. If someone chooses to get involved by replying to a post, then please be respectful to the poster and to the other readers. Calling someone names because they choose not to address your demands isn't helping anyone.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 34 43.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 19 24.1%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 24 30.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.5%
Back