Trouble with maxspect sk200

Schip

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The maxspect sk200 skimmer is installed to a depth of 16-17 cm, the pump capacity is 80%, the drain is fully open. the water/foam level is set at the bottom of the bowl. after a few days, the water level rises to the middle of the bowl. if you disassemble and flush the channels for draining the water, the level is normal again. but after a few days it rises again. As a result, the foam becomes more "wet"
Sorry for my English, I'm from russian

IMG_20240330_111119.jpg IMG_20240329_081956.jpg

JaaxReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the SK400, so my experience will be different and I haven’t run into this sort of issue. I would think that as the skimmer runs the foam builds higher in the neck and that’s just how skimmers work. Unless it is running so wet it is filling up with water/skimmate pretty quickly. If it is running too wet with the gate all the way open after running for a few days, try turning the pump down to 60%?

OP
OP
Schip

Schip

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the SK400, so my experience will be different and I haven’t run into this sort of issue. I would think that as the skimmer runs the foam builds higher in the neck and that’s just how skimmers work. Unless it is running so wet it is filling up with water/skimmate pretty quickly. If it is running too wet with the gate all the way open after running for a few days, try turning the pump down to 60%?
Thank you, but the problem is that the water level constantly rises in the neck itself. See pic. If pump down 60%, after few days level water rises again.

IMG_20240329_081956.jpg

JaaxReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is anything getting in or plugging the air intakes on the sides under water?

It’s odd that the water level would be rising unless something is disrupting the water/air mixture.

OP
OP
Schip

Schip

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is anything getting in or plugging the air intakes on the sides under water?

It’s odd that the water level would be rising unless something is disrupting the water/air mixture.
There is a grid on the venturi, nothing gets there.
It looks like detritus is clogging the water outlet of the skimmer. After a complete cleaning, the level returns down (in the figure, the level of the 1st day)

OP
OP
Schip

Schip

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's pump 60%

Attachments

• IMG_20240405_204357.jpg
    IMG_20240405_204357.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 14

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 76 76.0%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 11 11.0%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 7 7.0%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back