• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

True Black Tang

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
FOR THOSE THAT DO NOT READ FURTHER THAN THIS FIRST POST, TANG IS NO LONGER FOR SALE …. UNLESS OF COURSE YOU OFFER ME $1,800 … THEN i MIGHT RECONSIDER

Black long nose rostratum tang for sale. I’ve had it for two years and it’s about 4 1/2” long. Good news is that’s it’s a spectacular fish - jet black, not that charcoal color you get with some of the hybrids. Bad news is that it’s $700 firm pick up in Stamford CT. I will not ship and will ignore anyone that asks. Reason for considering selling is that I have recently shut down my large, attached regugium and am worried that the resident tang gang in the display will not take kindly to another zebrasoma and kill it.

Last edited:
OP
OP
ca1ore

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey I know this is crazy but do u still have this fish for sale ?

Not crazy LOL. I never did get any interest and do still have it; however, with the availability of reef fish under something of a cloud I’m going to hold onto it for now. DD is now selling them for $1,800. Thats crazy!

mfollen

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’d hold onto it too. I have one, and they have remained hard to acquire vs gem tangs which have become much more common.

OP
OP
ca1ore

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The reason this tang is 'banished' to to frag tank it because its incredibly twitchy. Almost impossible to get a picture of it, but here is a video LOL. It's my black-and-white tank …..

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
DD has gone nuts with all their prices !! Even their frozen food jumped $1.00 for every pack they sell.

OP
OP
ca1ore

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
DD has gone nuts with all their prices !! Even their frozen food jumped $1.00 for every pack they sell.

yeah, I ordered a bunch of frozen and noticed a slight price hike.

OP
OP
ca1ore

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here’s another black tang video of mine w/ the whole gang enjoying some masstick

Interesting that your bimacs are going for it also. How long have you had the quoyi? That’s a fish I simply cannot seem to keep. Lasts about six months before starving out. Also curious if you added the black before or after the purple. That’s why mine is in the frag tank; I’m worried the purple will kill it.

mfollen

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea the anthias go crazy over what I think is the phytoplankton.
I’ve had the parrot for a year. Got it from Elliot at marinecollectors- hes the man.

i’ve has the same issues. Both the purple and black have tried killing each other. I’ve had to take both out at different times to create balance, taking out the aggressor while leaving the lesser to establish themselves.

those two hated each other and were determined to kill. Over time they have learned to live peacefully with each other. This is because they are similar in size and fair matched. This will not work otherwise. Also I noticed as more tangs are in the tank,the competitive mindset slowly disperses. They are also not the only zebrasoma.

Ingenuity against algae: Do you use DIY methods for controlling nuisance algae?

• I have used DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 40 47.6%
  • I use commercial methods for controlling algae, but never DIY methods.

Votes: 19 22.6%
  • I have not used commercial or DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 19 22.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 7.1%
Back