Truvu 180 gallon questions

osofishy

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 24, 2011
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Location
nc
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everybody,

I want to thank everybody in advance for their opinions and informations. I just bought a 180 gallon acrylic tank and was wondering will the acrylic on top of the tank affect the lighting as far as PAR and etc. I want to keep a reef tank because I've already have a 90 gallon reef tank that is glass and I want to transfer it to the 180. I'm thinking of LED lighting when I set the 180 acrylic tank up. I'm looking at Ecotech radion for now. I know I have more question but this is it for now.

THANKS.
 
Yes it can effect it and you can also crack the braces if you are not careful. How much of the top is covered?
 
I can't post any pictures but it is the same one that Truvu have on their website. The 180 long, 72x24x24. Do you think I or get somebody who know what they're doing to cut out some of the acrylic without ruining the integrity of the brace?
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 5.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 6.5%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 16 20.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 22 28.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 11.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 4 5.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 10 13.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 7.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new