Trying to find a RODI storage tank

Mattt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm trying to find a storage tank so I can keep around 150 gallons of RODI water in my garage. I found one that's 175 gallons and 31" X 61" for $208 but the issue is that shipping is also $200. I'm in the Portland, Or. area and I have been to a few farm stores around but they don't have anything similar. Does anyone have any suggestions on where to find one without the large shipping price Screenshot_20190408-134000_Chrome.jpg ?

redfishbluefish

Stay Positive, Stay Productive
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The least expensive way would be to pick up three or four 55 gallon used food drums off craigslist. Here in NJ they are 10 bucks a piece. You could use uniseals to hook them all together.

Just looked at Craigslist in Portland, and looks like they are $15 a pop......HERE.

OP
OP
Mattt

Mattt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The least expensive way would be to pick up three or four 55 gallon used food drums off craigslist. Here in NJ they are 10 bucks a piece. You could use uniseals to hook them all together.

Just looked at Craigslist in Portland, and looks like they are $15 a pop......HERE.

That's a good idea. I am limited on space but I might be able to squeeze a few in. Do you know if they are strong enough to be stacked when full and how would I go about prepping them so the RODI water does not get contaminated?

FishyDP

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a buddy who found some similar used ones for like $20 a piece on craigslist. I believe they were used on a farm for feeding fertilizer..so just be EXTREMELY thorough with washing them and you could possibly source some used ones locally. I use brute trash cans and put a bulkhead and ball valve on them..

redfishbluefish

Stay Positive, Stay Productive
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Most here in NJ had food items in them....that you typically could smell. A simply wash with vinegar and you're good to go.

FishyDP

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I should mention that the used fertilizer barrels tested at 120ppm nitrate with rodi water in them, before a couple good washings.

khiyasu

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Brute trash cans if you don’t want to risk it are a decent affordable alternatives and they come in different sizes

OP
OP
Mattt

Mattt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for all the ideas. This gives me more options to look into.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 17 77.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back