Trying to get a bta nem to spilt.

sergifed91

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 3, 2018
Messages
1,674
Reaction score
475
Location
Iowa
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feed it. Ince to two times a week. This hat is a beast. It just won't split. Looking for suggestions. It just so huge. The foot won't even fit in my hands its huge. Suggestions please and do they release chemicals when they split.
1612064553575333883656345023599.jpg
 
I don’t think they release chemicals when split - if they did many takes would have crashed. As for splitting, is there a reason you want it to split? I once wanted my RBTA to split bc it was too big. Why do you?
 
Other than cutting it in half (which I would never do) there is no surefire way. But sometimes a stressful event will cause a split.

Fwiw I keep rose, rainbow, and green btas right next to each other. The rainbow and green split all the time. The rose is probably 15" across and has never split.
Chris Farley Idk GIF
 
I don’t think they release chemicals when split - if they did many takes would have crashed. As for splitting, is there a reason you want it to split? I once wanted my RBTA to split bc it was too big. Why do you?
When I removed mine and rescaped thr tank mine split.
 
Large feeding and big water change does it for me
 
Razor blade. Just cut a jawbreaker yesterday. High success rate, it really might never split ive seen 15+ inch nems before. But I've also heard huge ones spit baby nems out of there mouth. So that would be sweet if you just let it get huge.
 
Razor blade. Just cut a jawbreaker yesterday. High success rate, it really might never split ive seen 15+ inch nems before. But I've also heard huge ones spit baby nems out of there mouth. So that would be sweet if you just let it get huge.
This is interesting. Where have you heard that bubble tips spit out babies? My sand nems do that but never heard of it from bubble tips. That being said there is currently a weird little 1/4" anemone next to my 15" bubble tip that never splits.....
 
This is interesting. Where have you heard that bubble tips spit out babies? My sand nems do that but never heard of it from bubble tips. That being said there is currently a weird little 1/4" anemone next to my 15" bubble tip that never splits.....
The first time I heard about it was from my brothers boss who ran an aquarium store. The secound time I was asking a vendor how he had so many acid rain anemones. he had about 50 small baby anemones. He told me the same that it was all from about 2-3 events of the nem spitting out babys. I can't find any info online though.
 
The first time I heard about it was from my brothers boss who ran an aquarium store. The secound time I was asking a vendor how he had so many acid rain anemones. he had about 50 small baby anemones. He told me the same that it was all from about 2-3 events of the nem spitting out babys. I can't find any info online though.

Wow a spawning event with a bunch of babies like rock flower nems do? That's crazy! How big were the acid babies when you saw them? Here is my tiny random baby bta
20210131_114031.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 7 21.2%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 9.1%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 8 24.2%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 21.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new