Trying to get a bta nem to spilt.

sergifed91

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feed it. Ince to two times a week. This hat is a beast. It just won't split. Looking for suggestions. It just so huge. The foot won't even fit in my hands its huge. Suggestions please and do they release chemicals when they split.
1612064553575333883656345023599.jpg

EvanDeVita

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t think they release chemicals when split - if they did many takes would have crashed. As for splitting, is there a reason you want it to split? I once wanted my RBTA to split bc it was too big. Why do you?

xxkenny90xx

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Other than cutting it in half (which I would never do) there is no surefire way. But sometimes a stressful event will cause a split.

Fwiw I keep rose, rainbow, and green btas right next to each other. The rainbow and green split all the time. The rose is probably 15" across and has never split.
Chris Farley Idk GIF

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t think they release chemicals when split - if they did many takes would have crashed. As for splitting, is there a reason you want it to split? I once wanted my RBTA to split bc it was too big. Why do you?
When I removed mine and rescaped thr tank mine split.

Pico bam

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Razor blade. Just cut a jawbreaker yesterday. High success rate, it really might never split ive seen 15+ inch nems before. But I've also heard huge ones spit baby nems out of there mouth. So that would be sweet if you just let it get huge.

xxkenny90xx

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Razor blade. Just cut a jawbreaker yesterday. High success rate, it really might never split ive seen 15+ inch nems before. But I've also heard huge ones spit baby nems out of there mouth. So that would be sweet if you just let it get huge.
This is interesting. Where have you heard that bubble tips spit out babies? My sand nems do that but never heard of it from bubble tips. That being said there is currently a weird little 1/4" anemone next to my 15" bubble tip that never splits.....

Pico bam

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is interesting. Where have you heard that bubble tips spit out babies? My sand nems do that but never heard of it from bubble tips. That being said there is currently a weird little 1/4" anemone next to my 15" bubble tip that never splits.....
The first time I heard about it was from my brothers boss who ran an aquarium store. The secound time I was asking a vendor how he had so many acid rain anemones. he had about 50 small baby anemones. He told me the same that it was all from about 2-3 events of the nem spitting out babys. I can't find any info online though.

xxkenny90xx

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The first time I heard about it was from my brothers boss who ran an aquarium store. The secound time I was asking a vendor how he had so many acid rain anemones. he had about 50 small baby anemones. He told me the same that it was all from about 2-3 events of the nem spitting out babys. I can't find any info online though.

Wow a spawning event with a bunch of babies like rock flower nems do? That's crazy! How big were the acid babies when you saw them? Here is my tiny random baby bta
20210131_114031.jpg

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 21 52.5%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 22 55.0%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 8 20.0%
  • None.

Votes: 6 15.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 7.5%
Back