Trying to understand this recommended flow chart for mp40s

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 23, 2020
Messages
4,838
Reaction score
4,077
Location
Chicago
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I am trying to decide if I want to add a second mp40 to my 120 mixed reef tank. So durning my research I’ve come across this calculator from echo tech but am having a hard time reading and understanding what it actually means and is trying to interpret. I entered my tank Dimensions and then was given option to choose between mp40 and mp60 and how many of each. So I took screen shots of 1 mp40 graph and graph with 2 mp40 to post here below. My question is looking at these 2 pictures what am I looking at ? Obviously with 1 mp40 graph is in middle of box then when I choose a second it lowers where the lines run thru the graph to bottom of it. Does this mean 2 mp40 are not recommended In my tank because with 1 choose lines are in middle. Please can someone explain to me what we are looking at and what this means. Thanks for any clarification.
7C513E79-FD69-403B-AC73-860E67136238.png
B5C9BF2B-CD9E-4EB7-9CC6-3A9276F3475D.png
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 3 10.3%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 1 3.4%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 4 13.8%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 16 55.2%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new