TSA Fruity Pebbles Thread

jessezm

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bobby why can’t I get mine to do that!! You need to come by and tell me what I’m doing wrong LOL. Starting to change more but still way behind...

image.jpg

bobby.w.hodges

Wet Thumb
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bobby why can’t I get mine to do that!! You need to come by and tell me what I’m doing wrong LOL. Starting to change more but still way behind...

image.jpg
I'd love to come by some time, with all the spare time im afforded currently, maybe i can. I know you could probably sell me a few little babies too.

jessezm

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well finally I got some real color out of my TSA Fruity Pebbles. I got this as a 1" frag about two years ago in on a work trip to Charleston where I did a quick search on my way out of town and found Joe Knows Reefs tucked away in a office park parking lot. I hadn't hear of it before but it was like a tiny rainbow and I had to have it. Turned blah in my tank and I struggled with it for a few years, even as frags I sold locally colored up in others' tanks... Well it's gratifying to finally see it blossom in my tank. Growth has always been strong with this one too.

Attachments

• IMG_9056.jpg
    IMG_9056.jpg
    339.6 KB · Views: 293
  • IMG_9054.jpg
    IMG_9054.jpg
    349.8 KB · Views: 378
  • IMG_9055.jpg
    IMG_9055.jpg
    368.3 KB · Views: 344

Michael White

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well finally I got some real color out of my TSA Fruity Pebbles. I got this as a 1" frag about two years ago in on a work trip to Charleston where I did a quick search on my way out of town and found Joe Knows Reefs tucked away in a office park parking lot. I hadn't hear of it before but it was like a tiny rainbow and I had to have it. Turned blah in my tank and I struggled with it for a few years, even as frags I sold locally colored up in others' tanks... Well it's gratifying to finally see it blossom in my tank. Growth has always been strong with this one too.
What is that glowing oranger ember in the bottom right corner of IMG_9055? Wow!

jessezm

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is that glowing oranger ember in the bottom right corner of IMG_9055? Wow!

That's my ASD Rainbow Millie that REFUSES to show its polyps even 6 months after evicting the butterflies that were harassing it lol. It really does glow like that to the naked eye! Here's a better shot:

IMG_9061.jpg

chopsuey84

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So what did you do to get the color?

njreefkeeper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I keep alk at about 8, pH 8.0 - 8.2, temp 77, Nitrate around 3-4, phosphate about .002 - .004, calcium about 420. I also add reef energy A and B and acropower every day, and feed frozen food generously twice a day. Lighting is a TON of T5/LEDs... There is definitely plenty of white light during the daytime hours, only blues is just in the morning and evening. Honestly I feel like a lot of my "higher end" pieces are a bit off. Like they are wanting to break through but they just aren't... Not too far off, mind you, but still off... Any advice would be appreciated!
60123357276__14A57909-66EE-4482-8BF8-955A931EFAB8.JPG
60123355558__53EF4209-C733-4ED5-9246-8CA63D8C4F3D.JPG
I’d just give it time. Moving a larger established piece like that will usually cause some color issues. With everything else in your tank looking primo I don’t see why it wouldn’t eventually come around.

am3gross

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Here is mine, Picture credit goes to TSA! I have had it in my tank for almost 2 weeks now, looking great and cant wait to see it grow and color up!

Attachments

• fruity pebbles.png
    fruity pebbles.png
    990.1 KB · Views: 112

Dlealrious

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do they loose the orange as they grow? Mine looks cool now but they seem to just be a red table from piece it came off and others i seen.
OI000319.JPG

OP
OP
TopShelfAquatics

TopShelfAquatics

Follow us on Instagram @topshelfaquatics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Do they loose the orange as they grow? Mine looks cool now but they seem to just be a red table from piece it came off and others i seen.
OI000319.JPG
Did you buy this one directly from us?

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.9%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 41 36.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 33 29.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 27 24.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back