Tube Anemone and Peppermint Shrimp

Decat

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 16, 2017
Messages
59
Reaction score
37
Location
Houston, TX
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I first put my Tube Anemone into my invertebrate quarantine tank my peppermint shrimp immediately popped out from hiding and went to town eating its tentacles. So I quickly setup a tank divider and placed all peppermint shrimp on the other side. My question is simply what is the compatibility with peppermint shrimp and tube anemones? I felt like if left things to see what would play out the peppermint shrimp would've killed the tube anemone quickly. Has anyone experienced this? Thanks for any input.

IMG_2264.jpg
 
I can only speak of personal experience, but the peps in my tank have never bothered my tube nem. Could simply be that I've been lucky.
 
older post but my pep shrimp did the exact same thing to my RBTA soon as i added it, what did you end up doing? if you removed the pep how did you??? thats the issue im currently having removal.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 26.1%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new