Tube anemone help

reef lover33

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 23, 2023
Messages
31
Reaction score
31
Location
Pennsylvania
What state or country do you live in
Pennsylvania
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently purchased a tube anemone and have a substrate bottom of crushed coral. From what I've researched it says about placing them in a PVC pipe and adding fine sand substrate what is the best way to go if you have crushed coral substraight. Anyone do this? How did it work and how long of pvc pipe did you use?
 
I recently purchased a tube anemone and have a substrate bottom of crushed coral. From what I've researched it says about placing them in a PVC pipe and adding fine sand substrate what is the best way to go if you have crushed coral substraight. Anyone do this? How did it work and how long of pvc pipe did you use?
Not sure offhand, but here's a bump.
 
I have special grade sand which is coarser than fiji pink but still not enough to hold the tube anemone in place. Had to use an inch long of 1" PVC buried in the sand to hold it in place. It's been doing well for several months now.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 10 45.5%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new