Tube anemone question

Danniekopacz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a rather large tube anemone. I’m set up is currently a 55 with 29 gallon sump. I’m upgrading to a 125 with 75 sump. My question is, when I get ready to switch all my livestock over, what’s the best way to retransplant my tube anemone? Would I have to try and reach down and try to bury him, or can I simply lay him on the sand bed and he’ll dig himself?

any advice will help. Thanks y’all.

kichimark

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would gently scoop him up from under the sand and rebury him the same way in the new tank. I have done that several times with my tube anemones and it was never a problem. I have seen a few at LFS where they just lay them on top of the sand and they never seem to rebury. They are still open and healthy but I am sure they are more comfortable with the tube underneath the sand. It also looks better.

OP
OP
Danniekopacz

Danniekopacz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would gently scoop him up from under the sand and rebury him the same way in the new tank. I have done that several times with my tube anemones and it was never a problem. I have seen a few at LFS where they just lay them on top of the sand and they never seem to rebury. They are still open and healthy but I am sure they are more comfortable with the tube underneath the sand. It also looks better.
That’s kind of what I figured. That’s most likely the game plan, but wanted to get some more input on the situation. Much appreciated!

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 49 34.8%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 30 21.3%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 11 7.8%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.1%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 36 25.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.5%
Back