Tube worms infesting my rocks

MaxSc

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 28, 2022
Messages
55
Reaction score
61
Location
Santacruz
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I’ve noticed a lot of tube worms starting to infest one of my rocks. Are they bad to keep in my tank? i’m also wondering if it’s a signal that my water quality is good or bad

F41C5EB6-0F74-4FB6-8C0B-A0EFA8B8EE39.jpeg
 
Looks like white tube worms not bad but can get crazy
Alright if they get out of hand how would i go about removing them? also here’s a photo of them under white light
 

Attachments

  • EF3143D6-577A-4529-8215-B355ED74FEA4.jpeg
    EF3143D6-577A-4529-8215-B355ED74FEA4.jpeg
    128.6 KB · Views: 152
You can break them off if you don’t want them or get a copper band of flame angel to eat them
 
I usually have had them, but they have never reached infestation levels. I suspect that if you don't overfeed, the numbers will regulate themselves.

At the moment, I basically can't find any in my tank. I suspect my mature melanurus wrasse eats them, but I could be wrong. I don't think dwarf angels will do much damage to them, at least my flames never did.
 
I've had them and they did over populate at one point. But over time they did self regulate and it's not an issue.
 

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 21.4%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 11.9%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 26.2%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 4.8%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 4.8%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 3 7.1%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 9 21.4%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new