Tumze 9004 Skimmer pump wire exposed

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

czhao1009

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
During cleaning today I noticed that the outer wire "skin" (sorry I don't know what that is called...) is open and the individual wires inside are exposed. Is this something I need to be concerned about?

Thanks!
PXL_20221218_200441161.jpg

Swiss Frag Reefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@czhao1009 I would check with the TUNZE support. I personally would not use it till you have the green light from the experts at Tunze.

You might be lucky and the cables are actually sealed inside the hole. In that case you could still continue to use it, maybe.

rvitko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This looks to be a cable defect we would cover, I responded earlier to your email, we had a bad batch of cables about 5 years ago that could break down.

BZOFIQ

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
This looks to be a cable defect we would cover, I responded earlier to your email, we had a bad batch of cables about 5 years ago that could break down.

what? and I just tossed the powerhead that literally had the same issue. Kept the controller/impeller as a spare.

rvitko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, we do need the proof it is one of these affected pumps, but from late 2016 to early 2017 we had a bad batch of cables from our supplier. We need the date code and photo of the cable damage, in some cases damaged cables are caused by gnawing animals, especially urchins and this type of damage looks very different. The supplier of cables was changed long ago and while these pumps are well past warranty, we do cover them if we are notified.

BZOFIQ

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Yes, we do need the proof it is one of these affected pumps, but from late 2016 to early 2017 we had a bad batch of cables from our supplier. We need the date code and photo of the cable damage, in some cases damaged cables are caused by gnawing animals, especially urchins and this type of damage looks very different. The supplier of cables was changed long ago and while these pumps are well past warranty, we do cover them if we are notified.

Yeah, that sucks, I wish I thought to reach out but figured it's past the 2 year warranty. I noticed that you sell the body so that I can just reuse the controller and impeller and have a new pump for little over a hundy - will go that route.

OP
OP
C

czhao1009

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks again Roger :)

Tunze customer service is stellar!

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 35 25.2%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 47 33.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 43 30.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.9%
Back