Tumze 9004 Skimmer pump wire exposed

  • Thread starter Thread starter czhao1009
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

czhao1009

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 5, 2016
Messages
124
Reaction score
57
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
During cleaning today I noticed that the outer wire "skin" (sorry I don't know what that is called...) is open and the individual wires inside are exposed. Is this something I need to be concerned about?

Thanks!
PXL_20221218_200441161.jpg
 
@czhao1009 I would check with the TUNZE support. I personally would not use it till you have the green light from the experts at Tunze.

https://www.tunze.com/US/en/contact.html
You might be lucky and the cables are actually sealed inside the hole. In that case you could still continue to use it, maybe.
 
This looks to be a cable defect we would cover, I responded earlier to your email, we had a bad batch of cables about 5 years ago that could break down.
 
This looks to be a cable defect we would cover, I responded earlier to your email, we had a bad batch of cables about 5 years ago that could break down.


what? and I just tossed the powerhead that literally had the same issue. Kept the controller/impeller as a spare.
 
Yes, we do need the proof it is one of these affected pumps, but from late 2016 to early 2017 we had a bad batch of cables from our supplier. We need the date code and photo of the cable damage, in some cases damaged cables are caused by gnawing animals, especially urchins and this type of damage looks very different. The supplier of cables was changed long ago and while these pumps are well past warranty, we do cover them if we are notified.
 
Yes, we do need the proof it is one of these affected pumps, but from late 2016 to early 2017 we had a bad batch of cables from our supplier. We need the date code and photo of the cable damage, in some cases damaged cables are caused by gnawing animals, especially urchins and this type of damage looks very different. The supplier of cables was changed long ago and while these pumps are well past warranty, we do cover them if we are notified.


Yeah, that sucks, I wish I thought to reach out but figured it's past the 2 year warranty. I noticed that you sell the body so that I can just reuse the controller and impeller and have a new pump for little over a hundy - will go that route.
 
This looks to be a cable defect we would cover, I responded earlier to your email, we had a bad batch of cables about 5 years ago that could break down.
Thanks again Roger :)

Tunze customer service is stellar!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 5 26.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 6 31.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 4 21.1%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new