Tunze 3155 issue

RSREEFING

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered a Tunze 3155 ATO from BRS a few months back. Lately I've been noticing that it won't detect when the water gets low so its not replacing the evaporated water. I cleaned it to make sure it wasn't that and nothing. Only thing that has helped was to unplug it and plug it back in. But even then it doesn't replace all the evaporated water.

Any help?

Thank you,

lapin

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For starters. It could be the optical sensor. You could replace that.
Also
Inside the controller you will find pump settings. Try a different setting than what it is set to now. (Read instructions that came with the unit)

Last edited:

D-code

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered a Tunze 3155 ATO from BRS a few months back. Lately I've been noticing that it won't detect when the water gets low so its not replacing the evaporated water. I cleaned it to make sure it wasn't that and nothing. Only thing that has helped was to unplug it and plug it back in. But even then it doesn't replace all the evaporated water.

Any help?

Thank you,
Ive had 2 different units both do this mine was just salt water drying on the sensor would work fine for 4 days then I would have to just wet all around the optical sensor then it would start working again.

hard10s

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ive had 2 different units both do this mine was just salt water drying on the sensor would work fine for 4 days then I would have to just wet all around the optical sensor then it would start working again.
I am having this same issue, and on my second until after a replacement from Amazon.

Is there a resolution or does the sensor need to be cleaned every 3-4 days? How do others use this ATO?

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 16 17.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 4 4.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 16 17.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 47 51.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 8.8%
Back