Tunze 3155 Overfilling

hllb

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been using this without issue for about 2 months (purchased new). I work from home, next to my tank so I know this hasn't been going on long. This morning, I heard the Tunze pump turn on to fill. Then a few seconds after it shut off, it ran again. A few seconds after that shut off, it kicked on again and that's when I cut the power. I took the optical sensor out and it looked spotless (I wiped it down, but haven't soaked it yet). I removed a little floating debris that made it's way into that chamber. I repositioned the magnet and reinstalled (it's in my sump return chamber, so the float switch is mounted higher up on the separate magnet so didn't trigger). It seems like the optical is reading as if the water level is low, even though it's completely underwater. Any ideas? It is near my refugium and the light is still on (though this has never been an issue before). I do also have some microbubbles going on right now after dosing some prazi, but again, it has been like this for days and this is the first issue. Plus, I have filter floss right before the return chamber which should be catching most of the microbubbles.

I see people recommend vinegar for soaking the sensor - but would citric acid be ok too?

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 64 36.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.9%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.4%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back