Tunze 6095 Not Spinning

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

bradenr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I need a little help with my Tunze 6095. I have had it controlled with my apex for the last 2 years. Today i noticed it was not on. I have the pump on a few profiles on my apex. The propeller twitches but does not turn on. When i take the pump off the apex controller and use the Tunze controller it works fine. I cleaned the pump and there is nothing stopping the the propeller from spinning. I run my multi meter on my apex cord and its getting 10v to the pump controller just not spinning the propeller

rvitko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is difficult to say without seeing it and testing it, I can think of two possibilities. The cable is not making a secure connection, or somehow the socket on the controller has failed, this could be a board issue with the connection or it could be a short due to water damage. The controller is replaceable, I might check that the plug is in as far as it can go and then try opening the controller and inspecting the socket.

OP
OP
bradenr

bradenr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is difficult to say without seeing it and testing it, I can think of two possibilities. The cable is not making a secure connection, or somehow the socket on the controller has failed, this could be a board issue with the connection or it could be a short due to water damage. The controller is replaceable, I might check that the plug is in as far as it can go and then try opening the controller and inspecting the socket.
Thank you for the response. I tried powering the pump on just a wall socket and not my energy bar and just have the apex for the Variable speed port. I have also tried both the RJ45 connectors on my cable with the same results. if that helps at all

rvitko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How old is it? I got your email as well, can you email me a copy of the receipt? Email to Tunze at sbcglobal dot net.

DOJOLOACH

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How old is it? I got your email as well, can you email me a copy of the receipt? Email to Tunze at sbcglobal dot net.
Did you guys come to a conclusion on this? I've got a nanostream that is "twitching" the propeller but not working. I can't figure out if it's a issue with controller or the pump

rvitko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is too far back for me to remember without the actual customer name to look it up. How old is your pump? Such an issue usually comes down to a water damaged controller, dead motor or seized drive unit, the drive unit should easily come out of the pump and leave behind a metal shaft rigidly fixed in the motor, if the shaft has come out due to being seized to the drive unit, that can be a cause.

DOJOLOACH

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is too far back for me to remember without the actual customer name to look it up. How old is your pump? Such an issue usually comes down to a water damaged controller, dead motor or seized drive unit, the drive unit should easily come out of the pump and leave behind a metal shaft rigidly fixed in the motor, if the shaft has come out due to being seized to the drive unit, that can be a cause.
My pump I believe is 1 or 2 years old, and I opened the controller up and see now signs of rust or corrosion. Drive shaft appears in good shape with no calcium build up.

Is there anything to inspect in the motor itself? Next I'm going to try swapping controllers with my good unit.

rvitko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Make sure the metal shaft does not come out with the drive unit, it should be a permanent part of the motor. If it is under 2 years old this would be a warranty issue provided it is not due to neglect or water damage. I would just send it in for repair.

Mortgageman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also have a tunze optical sensor not working. 5017 4-5 years old. I am going to send unit to you today. Do you also need the power supply or just unit and sensors?

Attachments

• 65B278F8-384D-4C0A-B568-23AA966862C1.jpeg
    65B278F8-384D-4C0A-B568-23AA966862C1.jpeg
    358.3 KB · Views: 15

rvitko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Exactly what you have in the picture is all I need.

Back