Tunze 6105 wires stripping

  • Thread starter Thread starter VikS
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

VikS

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 28, 2018
Messages
301
Reaction score
233
Location
Berwyn
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I have two Tunze 6105. They are pure workhorses and still work great. But the black outer sleeve on one pump is pretty brittle and breaking away at this point. The second one is not as bad but I can definitely see it has starting to break.

anything I can do to fix these? Pic attached.

0A87F3A5-D4B0-45E2-A9AB-83CF5E0EF067.jpeg
 
I had a similar issue with one of my 6255's. The fix was a new motor block, which has the cord permanently mounted.
 
Can I get more info? Could you email me date of purchase and manufacture date info? It looks like the cable is pinched between the clamp and motor? It is correct, the only repair is motor black replacement.

Tunze at sbcglobal dot net
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 4 26.7%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 1 6.7%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 4 26.7%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 6.7%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 1 6.7%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 4 26.7%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new