Tunze 6208 and APEX

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

IsaacHunt

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hi everyone

I have two Tunze 6208 wabve boxes currently running in parallel and have a third 6214 operating on its own.

i would like to run the 6214 in inverse mode and control all three from the APEX.

Is there anyone on here who knows how to setup the wavbeoxes to work with the aPex

OP
OP
I

IsaacHunt

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
UPDATE

Apex cable connected successfully to the Apex and Tunnze 6214 Wavebox Controller.

This is where I have fallen flat on my face.

Using a tune profile found in the APEX Wizards I can now turn the unit ON/OFF which I suppose is an achievement of sorts.

What I would like to do is set the wave frequency using the APEX and have not the slightest idea on how to set about the task. Have heard of a command called OSCILLATE but am in need of some guidance on how to use the command.

MarineandReef Jaron

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You are correct that you need the oscillating function. I have used this but I will also say I use a wave box and I would not try integrating with Apex. It is tough to dial in the wave using the Apex programming. If you want to this is what you need to do.

Connect the Wavebox pump to the 0-10v connection on your apex and then locate the outlet on the fusion dashboard. This is where we will program the wave box.

It is easiest if we make a profile to program the box. Select profiles from the main menu. I have a picture attached.

You then will get the menu in the attached image. You will want to name the profile and then edit the on time off time and intensity to dial in the wave.

This is where things get difficult. There is no auto-adjust function so you just have to enter the correct on and off time. The on and off time should match and you most likely will want to select divide by 10 to get more precision dialing in the timing. The initial off time can be set at 0 and if you want a pump anti-synched then you make a duplicate program and add an initial off time equal to the on and off time.

Once the program is created select the 0-10v outlet linked to the wavebox and choose advanced and apply the program. To make the program constant simply type into the configuration box ( set "your profile name").

Attachments

• Apex Shot.jpg
    Apex Shot.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 37
OP
OP
I

IsaacHunt

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You are correct that you need the oscillating function. I have used this but I will also say I use a wave box and I would not try integrating with Apex. It is tough to dial in the wave using the Apex programming. If you want to this is what you need to do.

Connect the Wavebox pump to the 0-10v connection on your apex and then locate the outlet on the fusion dashboard. This is where we will program the wave box.

It is easiest if we make a profile to program the box. Select profiles from the main menu. I have a picture attached.

You then will get the menu in the attached image. You will want to name the profile and then edit the on time off time and intensity to dial in the wave.

This is where things get difficult. There is no auto-adjust function so you just have to enter the correct on and off time. The on and off time should match and you most likely will want to select divide by 10 to get more precision dialing in the timing. The initial off time can be set at 0 and if you want a pump anti-synched then you make a duplicate program and add an initial off time equal to the on and off time.

Once the program is created select the 0-10v outlet linked to the wavebox and choose advanced and apply the program. To make the program constant simply type into the configuration box ( set "your profile name").
Hi Jaron

many thanks for the response to my post.

it’s a shame the apex cannot be programmed to AUTO GENERATE a wave or have a physical or virtual knob to set the frequency.
When I get home I will give it a go to see if I can produce a wave.
Ultimately I wish to get the large Wavebox working in INVERSE to the two smaller units.

MarineandReef Jaron

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Once you know the timing it is very easy but there is no way to easily find it. You can also create programs where you change the intensity so you could make stronger and gentler waves throughout the day but this is all dependent on knowing the timing.

OP
OP
I

IsaacHunt

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Once you know the timing it is very easy but there is no way to easily find it. You can also create programs where you change the intensity so you could make stronger and gentler waves throughout the day but this is all dependent on knowing the timing.
Operative word being "ONCE"

i tested the cable and profile using the pump from my old wavebox but it appears the pump is damaged as it only operates at full power.

Next step is to experiment with one of the wave boxes to see if i can find the sweet spot

DFR

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The pump is not damaged, it just needs to be calibrated to the external controller (the Apex). The instructions are actually in the previous thread for the 7090 controller. @rvitko should be able to assist with instructions for the 7092 controller.

OP
OP
I

IsaacHunt

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The pump is not damaged, it just needs to be calibrated to the external controller (the Apex). The instructions are actually in the previous thread for the 7090 controller. @rvitko should be able to assist with instructions for the 7092 controller.
according to the Tunze UK distributor the pump is faulty.

He is generally spot on with his technical support advice although not as clever in the despatch department by shipping the wrong replacement product.

the Old Wavebox stopped producing a wave and ran at a constant speed. he said either the pumps internal electrics or the controller has failed and advised against buying a replacement controller until it had been tested on the Apex or a working controller.

DFR

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ouch, sorry to hear that. Hope you get it back up and running.

OP
OP
I

IsaacHunt

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ouch, sorry to hear that. Hope you get it back up and running.
Poo happens and that s life.

this is how i ended up with a Wavebox 6208 and 6214, a second 6208 was acquired at a massive discount from one of my LFS' as a return from another customer.

Enderg60

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Im just setting up a Tunze wavebox to run off my apex. I had it running on my old 300g great but cant for the life of me remember how to program it with the new fusion layout and the OSC code wont let me go lower than 1 second.

I have the profile setup(with the divide by 10 checked) but what was the code to apply a profile based on the time?

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 7 17.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 5.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 5 12.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 24 60.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 5.0%
Back