Tunze 9012 micro bubbles

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

rvitko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you tried as a test with the powerheads turned off? The amount of air escaping is not really that much, some bubbles are going to escape but typically they just rise up beside the skimmer and don't blow all over. It looks like the flow by and under the skimmer is quite high and carrying the bubbles around the tank, if the skimmer position was quieter flow wise, they would just rise up. If that solves it, moving the pumps is likely the solution. Especially if the flow is strong under the skimmer, bubbles get drawn out and blown around the tank.

rvitko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some, yes, a very small stream that should just slowly come up the back or side, so few you can count them and it would be sporadic, they will be worse when new or after cleaning and then will largely go away but may recur with feeding and certain additives. I suspect the main cause of issues is strong flow pulling the bubbles out of the skimmer, with an in tank install, the skimmer should be in a fairly calm corner or the tank. I used this skimmer myself for 3 years before I upgraded to a larger tank and never had bubbles blowing around my tank.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 7 21.9%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 26 81.3%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 21.9%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Other

Votes: 2 6.3%
Back