Tunze 9430 Skimmer driving me nuts

  • Thread starter Thread starter Reflective
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Reflective

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
355
Reaction score
63
Location
San Diego
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So my skimmer was working pretty well for a couple months (much wetter skimmate than I would prefer but I was ok with it), then yesterday I emptied the cup and put it back and now it is going crazy over-foaming. It fills the cup with foam/water in about 30 seconds. The only thing the instructions say I can do to adjust it is lower the output pipe and clamp the air hose. I clamped the air hose as tight as I could last night and put the pipe as low as it would go, and this morning it is still producing the same amount of foam.
The only thing I changed yesterday was I filter socks which I do everytime I empty the skimmer.
I'm not sure what else to try.
 
Did you add any additives lately?
Also adjust the holder for the bag to adjust your water level.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.7%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 7.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 18 20.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 26 30.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 10.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 4 4.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 11 12.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 8.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new