Tunze ato and dos awc redundancies help.

Dburr1014

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm in the beginning phases of planning an auto water change using my Apex. Currently, I have a Tunze ato and will continue to use that. Right now I have my Apex controlling my Rodi unit to autofill a 10-gallon container for ATO. I am going to switch the 10 gallon container to a brute 32-gallon trash can and another brute 32 gallon trash can for the AWC.
My redundancies for the ATO currently are the eye and float from the tunze and I believe there is also a timer with the tunze if the pump runs to long of a time.
I also have floats on my 10 gallon container to trip when it's about 2 gallons left in the container and when it is done filling. There is also timer in apex programming if the container takes more than x time to fill it will shut off the valve to the rodi so it won't overfill the container. There's about a 2 gallon leeway there also.

So other than a little time editing on a bigger container and moving the float valves over to the new container I think I probably won't need any other redundancies on the ATO.
But what about my new AWC?
The water fill for that container will be manual. Meaning, that I am going to have to fill that container with a pump from the ATO container and then manually mix the salt. The only thing I can think of is having a float at the bottom of that container to shut off the DOS when the Salt Water Runs Out.
I will in fact have the ATO shut off during the AWC time.

Do I have all this covered or am I missing something?
Thanks in advance for your help.

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One thing you'll want to consider is that you don't want the AWC to resume while you're refilling the brute container before you've had a chance to mix in the new salt. Read this post where I explained a method using a couple of virtual outputs:

OP
OP
Dburr1014

Dburr1014

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One thing you'll want to consider is that you don't want the AWC to resume while you're refilling the brute container before you've had a chance to mix in the new salt. Read this post where I explained a method using a couple of virtual outputs:

Yes, perfect!
Thank you.
I know Santa is bringing me the DOS so next week I should be putting all this together. My reef will love me for it.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 23.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back