Tunze ATO wiring replacement

brawthy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey All,

Sadly while doing some cleaning last night, I accidentally stripped the wire from the connector pin between my osmolator controller and pump (it’s been with me for awhile and I was caught being careless)

I was wondering if anyone has a link to a suitable replacement connector( so far my queries have not returned the exact connector, and the tunze replacement store seems to consider the wiring,connectors, and the control board as the “control unit”, making finding the connectors as a stand-alone difficult) .

It is my understanding that these are sealed and qa’d in a manner that makes them resilient to moisture/liquid related failure, and some of the tools necessary to set the wiring within a proper replacement pin is somewhat specialized. Has anyone found a safe solution?

thanks!

Joe31415

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you're not worried about a watertight connector, just pick up a matching set of barrel connectors and splice them on. Come to think of it, you can probably get replacement watertight connectors as well.
[Checks Amazon] Here's quite a number of different options. Make sure whatever you use, it can either accomadate/seal such a small wire or seal it with some hot glue or silicone.
I don't know off the top of my head if the power cord coming out of the head is coaxial. Those tend to be a pain to split into individual wires. If it is, it might (or might not) be easier to open the case and and see if there's a connector in there that you can pull the wires out of and add your own or just solder new ones.

But the big question, at least for me, do you need that connection to be watertight? If you don't (even if you just waterproof it yourself), it'll make the repair that much easier. Either because you can use a standard connector or you can eliminate it and run a wire right from the head unit to the pump leads.

Water Dog

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Joe31415

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Use heat shrink butt connectors. They should protect your connections from moisture.

They even make some of those that already have some dielectric goo in them. The ones that have a little red 'button' on top, IIRC are also filled with something to keep out moisture.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 54 40.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 20.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 35.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back