Tunze Care Magnet Nano vs Tunze long.

Lynseyw

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, I have watched several YouTube videos and read reviews. I bought the Tunze Care Magnet nano, it seems to work well, but already lost it and had to go fishing for it. I only have the Red Sea Max Nano (20g) and the glass thickness is 8mm. Supposedly the Nano is the magnet for me (6-10mm). But I was also looking at the hack where they added a larger blade/plus the stainless, and the float. Seems like a good solution, or should I just get the Long, that is rated for 10-15mm glass which is thicker than my 8mm. Just wondering what everyone would choose. I sorta also like that the long comes with other wood options for the outside, and the float included....but might look a tiny bit too big, although when I tried the nano, it seemed like a lotta swipes etc that were sorta awkward and I had to go fishing to grab it when it separated. Which was several times....and I was not scrubbing hard at all, it's a brand new cycling tank.

exnisstech

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use it on 10mm glass and it works well but doesn't feel so strong that it would be an issue on 8mm glass. It glides much easer accross the glass than the ones that have the felt and coarse material on the inside sandwiching the two halves together The algae free scrapers are the only ones I have that have magnets that feel as strong as stated (maybe even stronger) I also have Tunze care, flipper, and mag float. Tunze care long is my favorite.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back