Tunze Comline filter 3162 - micro bubbles!!

Vahanyos

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone

So if you see the attached pictures, this is the highest I can go out of the water without getting crazy micro bubbles. What throws me off, is the water level indicator line on the back where the osmolater goes is way below my water line. If I move the filter any more up to try and match that water level line, I get a ton of micro bubbles...

I also attached a pic showing how my media is packed , I don't think is IP high up because there's a lining in the plastic that the blue sponge matches up with... or am I wrong??

I have chemi pure elite on the very bottom, 11oz bag, it's just placed in there and not pressed or anything... some filter floss that also isn't pressed or squeezed in, and lastly the sponge that fit perfectly in top without needing to squeeze or push it in so I can honestly say it's not packed in there.

Anyone have experience with these filters?

Should I lessen the amount of media in there? Is it too stuffed?
IMG_1453.JPG
IMG_1456.JPG
IMG_1461.JPG
IMG_1462.JPG

saltyfilmfolks

Lights! Camera! Reef!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Set it at the line or a bit higher, and its likeley it need to break in.

this is the Tunze USA Rep Roger "Flash" @rvitko
prob be in the office on monday.

saltyfilmfolks

Lights! Camera! Reef!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
n
I'll wait and see what the rep says - thanks bud!!
o swet, in the men time, you may want to play with the level and the wadding a bit. Also see if it micro bubbles empty. then let it break in.
Yea, Ive totally been looking at those for my tank, I have tunze skimmers.

OP
OP
Vahanyos

Vahanyos

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
n

o swet, in the men time, you may want to play with the level and the wadding a bit. Also see if it micro bubbles empty. then let it break in.
Yea, Ive totally been looking at those for my tank, I have tunze skimmers.

Ah I see - I'll try experimenting with it a little then. Not sure how th skimmers are but did you get micro bubbles with them? Did you need to break those in ?

saltyfilmfolks

Lights! Camera! Reef!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ah I see - I'll try experimenting with it a little then. Not sure how th skimmers are but did you get micro bubbles with them? Did you need to break those in ?
oh yes. its the most common complaint on them. The last new one I just pulled the cup and let it run.

OP
OP
Vahanyos

Vahanyos

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
oh yes. its the most common complaint on them. The last new one I just pulled the cup and let it run.

Micro bubbles won't really effect my tank will it? If I let it run I suspect I'll be spewing so many micro bubbles non stop and not sure how long it'll last

OP
OP
Vahanyos

Vahanyos

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
no, it wont hurt at all.

I forgot to mention that it's been running for a month now I would say. I've never had it at the osmolater level because of the micro bubbles, but I'll try it out and see if the micro bubbles end up going away. How lon did yours take to break in? Also, the surface skimmer is not really skimming anything... guess if I move it up to the osmo line it'll actually work like a mini over flow

shoelaceike

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I forgot to mention that it's been running for a month now I would say. I've never had it at the osmolater level because of the micro bubbles, but I'll try it out and see if the micro bubbles end up going away. How lon did yours take to break in? Also, the surface skimmer is not really skimming anything... guess if I move it up to the osmo line it'll actually work like a mini over flow

Hey, how did you like this filter?

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 133 42.8%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 108 34.7%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 49 15.8%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 16 5.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 1.6%
Back