Tunze DOC 9012 protein skimmer

  • Thread starter Thread starter ewieranga
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

ewieranga

New Member
View Badges
Joined
May 27, 2015
Messages
11
Reaction score
3
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I'm trying to find out how much of the 9012 skimmer is above the water surface so I know whether it will fit in our canopy. I've decided to get the 9012 (if it fits) over the 9004 on a 220 litre (55 gallon) tank with fish and coral, or should I just go with the 9004?
 
about 6 inches id say, i can measure tonight when i get home if you need exact number, but it should fit in any canopy. As for 9012 vs the 9004, whats your total water volume? if no sump or anything like that, your really looking at like 40 gallons of water in a 55 after rocks and sand so the 9012 is rated up to 300 gallons (132 SPS tanks) and the 9004 is 60 gallon (40 gallon sps) and the price difference is huge 300 vs 150 so just depends on what type of corals and fish youd like to keep
 

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 22.5%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 12.5%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 27.5%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.5%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 3 7.5%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 17.5%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new