Tunze MAR

  • Thread starter Thread starter Rshahnyc
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Rshahnyc

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 1, 2024
Messages
689
Reaction score
215
Location
New Rochelle
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Chaeto is not spinning… how should I proceed? I don’t even have that much growth, I turned down my pump.

Should I try to thin out and elongate the chaeto? Is that even gonna stay like that?
 
If it is growing leave it alone. Harvest when it gets thick. Mine never tumbles (in a refuge) and it grows out of the water.
 
I got one of those, Macro reactors….I also own 4 other standalone Tunze LEDs which are essentially the same thing. IMO the single bulb even at point blank range is a lil underpowered anyway whether its spinning or not…

I switched to Ulva and got a slightly better “perceived” performance, or rather at least it would spin, grow faster and “seemed” to lower my nitrate… “seemed” = lower confidence in observed result

Ulva also is a LOT less prone to clogging the unit.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.5%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 20 21.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 27 29.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 9.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 7 7.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 12 12.9%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 7.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new