Tunze Nano Stream - Horrible Clip Design?

Stixbaraca

Zoanthid Pimp
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, I got around to unpacking my NanoStreams today and put them together...and the both broke! I was completely in shock to see how easy the tiny little snaps that attach the magnet to the directional flow clip broke off while putting it together. Anyone else have this problem?

Here is a pic of what I am talking about. How do I even go about getting a replacement?!?!

BrokeTunzeClip.jpg

da6d2003

Definately OCD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I noticed the same thing. Luckily mine didn't break because I was pretty tired when I put it together. They do a good job answering pms on RC.

twon8

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have heard about it, but i had no problem myself. how did they break? i remember roger from tunze saying they are made of lexan, which is one of the strongest plastics, but they are pretty thin.

OP
OP
Stixbaraca

Stixbaraca

Zoanthid Pimp
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I opened the box to put them together they were a little ****-eyed...so I gingerly bent them back to perpendicular so they would fit into the magnet...it just never went in easy, and they snapped off.

twon8

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
don't bend them next time, i just snapped mine in, though it took a bit of wiggling.

i had heard about the clips being thin, and when holding someone else's i let the magnets snap together, and i thought i had broken the clips, but they stayed together/

surfn

I bleed orange and maroon
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I opened the box to put them together they were a little ****-eyed...so I gingerly bent them back to perpendicular so they would fit into the magnet...it just never went in easy, and they snapped off.

i had the same problem. mine were already bent out of the box. i think i broke off one of the little plastic tabs, but thats all.

there are like 3 or 4 tabs to a magnet correct?

you could always just superglue the clip to the magnet if all else fails...not sure why that would be a bad thing.

OP
OP
Stixbaraca

Stixbaraca

Zoanthid Pimp
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It was crazy reading the the thread over on RC about all the problems...to the point that they (Tunze) are going to retool for the January production to change the tolerances.

At least they stand behind them 100%

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 60 32.1%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 49 26.2%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 38 20.3%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 38 20.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.1%
Back