Tunze Osmo 3155 custom sensor placement

OmuNegru

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys,

Just ordered the 3155 osmolator ...without actually thinking it thoroughly and measure my Fluval Evo 5 compartments. I don't want to send it back as I will surely use it in the future in a bigger (future) tank. My Evo Sea 5 gallon has only 2 compartments: 1 - the pump compartment which I use for the pump and heater (2.1"x1.96") AND 2 - the filtration chamber for my filters (2.1"x4.33").
The 3155 sensor base will not fit as a whole in my pump chamber and it will take too much space in the filtration chamber (forcing me to remove too much of my bio filtration and/or carbon+sponge filters).
Now my question is: can I use the sensors (optical and float) separately from the magnetic sensor base, maybe applying them directly on the walls of my pump chamber with double adhesive tape? Or do they only work if placed on that magnetic base/support?

Montiman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The magnetic base is not required for the sensors to work so they can be used without it. I would not glue the sensors in place as it will make it extremely difficult to clean the sensors when necessary. You could use an alternative plastic/acrylic mount or try a smaller magnet mount.

OP
OP
OmuNegru

OmuNegru

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The magnetic base is not required for the sensors to work so they can be used without it. I would not glue the sensors in place as it will make it extremely difficult to clean the sensors when necessary. You could use an alternative plastic/acrylic mount or try a smaller magnet mount.
Thank you!

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 46 47.9%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 51 53.1%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 21 21.9%
  • None.

Votes: 25 26.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 9.4%
Back