tunze osmolator 3155 alarm

Neo Jeo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Every time I turn my return pump off the water level rises in my sump then alerting my auto top off alarm to go off is there a way that I can a disable that auto top off alarm or only have it come on when the water level is too low ? tunze osmolator 3155

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Every time I turn my return pump off the water level rises in my sump then alerting my auto top off alarm to go off is there a way that I can a disable that auto top off alarm or only have it come on when the water level is too low ? tunze osmolator 3155
I don't believe so. All it says in the instructions is to position the sensor high enough so that turning off the return pump doesn't trigger an overfill alarm.

Water Dog

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can open the 5017 controller box of the 3155 and turn off the audible alarm. It will be fully off however, as there is no way to selectively choose when you want to hear the alarm, be it a power restore or water level alarm.

OP
OP
Neo Jeo

Neo Jeo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't believe so. All it says in the instructions is to position the sensor high enough so that turning off the return pump doesn't trigger an overfill alarm.

If I put it high won’t add too much water in my tank ? I have a r-200 sump

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It would, but how full does your sump get when you turn off your return pump? I'd turn off the pump, and set the sensor slightly above that.

OP
OP
Neo Jeo

Neo Jeo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unless would it be good to have a lot of water in my sump and just raise my protein skimmer off of the floor with something ?

But if I bring the level of water to when my return pump is off and I turned my return pump off again I would be afraid that the sump would overflow . Here are pictures of when my return pump is turned off

D93BD9D1-77AD-4B61-B179-5B766AB6B664.jpeg

OP
OP
Neo Jeo

Neo Jeo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It gets quite full but if I fill it up to that level without pump running and turn off then I’m going back to square one where the water is going to raise over the sensor again

56CF56E1-992D-498E-BF70-631CA73B1B1F.jpeg

C26F75C3-F29A-4558-9E4A-B10C663D249A.jpeg

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lets ask another member of #reefsquad hopefully someone in the group uses this top off and can provide more insight :)

reefndude

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use a small media bag, draw string type and put a small rock or anything with a little weight. Just put the drawstring on the float whenever you turn off return pump. Or leave it there full time

mjlash22

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Tunze will not add too much water to the tank if you have the float switch high. The water shuts off when it reaches a mm or so above the level sensor tip. Turns back on when it goes below the tip.

In regards to your alarm issue. You could always just shut off the Tunze when you shut off your return pump. Then wait until your water level equalizes (after the return pump is back on) before turning the Tunze back on.

rossco

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I disabled the high water alarm and mine still beeps when turning back on from a power restore. Does it 6 times a day after my Apex shuts it off for a half hour after my Kalk Reactor stirs.

OP
OP
Neo Jeo

Neo Jeo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There should be an extra magnet. Mount the mechanical float switch (high water sensor) using the spare magnet above the water level of when you turn your return pump off.

So the high water alarm is only activated when the mechanical float switch is engaged ? If that’s the case then yes it comes with an extra set of magnets and I could move that higher . And that will solve my issue ;)

Also I do not use an apex .

mjlash22

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So the high water alarm is only activated when the mechanical float switch is engaged ? If that’s the case then yes it comes with an extra set of magnets and I could move that higher . And that will solve my issue ;)

Also I do not use an apex .
Yes when the float switch is engaged the alarm goes off and it should also shut off your ATO pump. I could be wrong but I believe it is more a fail safe in case the water level sensor fails and the pump does not turn off.

OP
OP
Neo Jeo

Neo Jeo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes when the float switch is engaged the alarm goes off and it should also shut off your ATO pump. I could be wrong but I believe it is more a fail safe in case the water level sensor fails and the pump does not turn off.

If that’s the case then it comes with an extra mount . I’ll turn the alarm back on and move that safety switch up higher then my water level will be when return pump is off! Thanks guys and gals

Water Dog

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Yup, you should be good to go! :)

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 110 43.0%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 122 47.7%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 24 9.4%
Back