Tunze Osmolator and Apex.

  • Thread starter Thread starter JulesH
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

JulesH

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 14, 2018
Messages
208
Reaction score
170
Location
Torquay, UK
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I have my Tunze 5017 Osmolator plugged into my energy bar of my Apex. I have it on a reverse cycle opposite my Kalk stirrer. When pH reaches a certain level the stirrer turns off and the Osmolator turns on. This is all within the bounds of how much water my tank evaporates a day.

The trouble is every time the osmolator turns on it dumps RO into the tank. I have reduced the flow of the pump through the potentiometer in the Tunze controller.

I was wondering if there is a way of turning this water flow off after start up?

Thanks for looking

Julian
 
Defiantly a feature about the tunze that sucks but i don't sweat it anymore. I don't see how 125ml of fresh RO can make a salinity difference in my tank.

I will say the Tunze Nano does not do this.
 
Thanks for the reply.

I measured my amount this morning I am getting 250ml even with the flow turned down. I did not know that about the Nano though.
 
Thanks for the reply.

I measured my amount this morning I am getting 250ml even with the flow turned down. I did not know that about the Nano though.
I guess they are all different. Mine fills up a pee cup to basically over filling then shuts off. The nano doesn't do this at all.

And i to run an Apex.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new